• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl Contra/Lightning Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a few of the commonly sought after parts for what I believe to be a Lightning S.

The big item for me is a top shroud. As I mentioned, I believe this is a Lightning S, so that would be my preference, but truthfully I would be happy with one from any variety of Contra/Lightning.

I would also like to get my hands on a cylinder cover. I would prefer the cast one associated with the Super.

Lastly, a muffler would be of interest as well. I have one, but it's in rough shape and I would like to upgrade.

Yes, I know I'm probably crazy, but it never hurts to ask! Please PM if you have any of the items I'm looking for that you would be willing to sell or trade for.

Thanks.

I'm still learning about the older 1106 series Stihls. I've only seen two mufflers on these and I'm not even completely sure they're both OEM. The first (which I'm not so sure about being OEM) is an all cast version with a round port on the lower part that aimed more towards the flywheel side. The other is essentially like those found on the 070/090 saws with the rectangular port that the gilled plate bolts to. Obviously both types (differentiating them from the 070/090) have the small bar across the top where the shroud hooks.

Assuming for now that both are actual OEM mufflers I'm fine with either as long as it's in decent condition.

If there are more varieties I would love to know it - thanks.

The top shroud is easily purchased as they are remakes
The cylinder cover and muffler not so easy

Well I can tell you that I have laid a NOS cover and remake side by side. The quality is good. Heck the quality/design of the originals was horrible

I'm looking for a few of the commonly sought after parts for what I believe to be a Lightning S.
Does yours have a compression relief.
A sand cast muffler and a mag bonnet is going to be rare and hard to locate.:rare2:
I had two not the "s" and sold them. And to me It was probably a once in a life time find.
I kept the one with the plastic bonnet.
20141230_125746.jpg

Well I can tell you that I have laid a NOS cover and remake side by side. The quality is good. Heck the quality/design of the originals was horrible
I find your post interesting Bill, I have a contra lightning that I am planning on restoring. I too am missing the top shroud, heat shield & air filter but pretty much have everything else. I don't know the history of mine but its got compression and is the 106cc model. I have seen AM mufflers and carbs but mine appear servicable with a carb kit and clean up of muffler. If I did not bring mine home from the tip, it wouod have been melted down as scrap metal. I did not feel that was right so I took it home.:)

It is never right to melt one down so I am glad to hear you brought it back. I am in now way am promoting aftermarket parts but I will tell you SOME are darn good quality

glad to see you found some 1106 series parts. now lets see a build.

Thanks. At the moment the saw is completely disassembled. I'm waiting on some new parts to come in that I've ordered and I'm also having to have a couple of parts fabricated. I'm hoping to possibly rebuild the saw the weekend after this one. I'll post some pics . . . and hopefully a video!!!

Back