Stihl dealer - not to knowledgable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Square ground is not necessarily available in all Stihl regions... I can't get all chain shown in the Stihl Chain catalog out here.

Same thing here...For all intents and purposes I tell people I can't get any skip tooth RM and can't get any RSK cause I'll only make them mad if I order it for them and then they wait 2 months before it comes in. PMN, PM, PMC3, RM (3/8 .050), RMC3, RSC, RSF3/8 .050), the occasional RD, and RSC3 are about all I can get regularly out of the stihl catalog.

There's a Stihl dealer only maybe four miles from my house. I wandered in there the other day, just checking it out. They seem to carry every model of Stihl saw, and a heck of a lot of replacement parts. The repair guy that I talked to seemed like he was on the ball. The thing that got me, though, is with all these saws, and parts, there was no protective gear at all. No helmets, and no chaps(which is what I went in there for, need a new pair). Did have gloves, though.:p
Thought that was a little irresponsible.

Sounds Like THall moved or helped stock the place:hmm3grin2orange:

they didn't have them (30 miles from the factory no less!) ..

The bars are not yet made in the US, but in Germany, which is a bit longer away from you.........:biggrinbounce2:

...but I heard that they will soon start making them in the US.

The bars are not yet made in the US, but in Germany, which is a bit longer away from you.........:biggrinbounce2:

...but I heard that they will soon start making them in the US.

Wasn't so much that the bars be made here...but if I were making chainsaws..motorcycles...whatever...the hometown dealers had better be the best in the bunch...and they aren't...

I know a young lady (barely) that used to be a start tester on the saw line...talk about your weird job...

clearance and spacemule

I work 40 miles from home and this dealer is only 3 miles from the shop on the way home. When someone tells me they have a product when it isn't at all what I'm asking for, thats like going to the car dealership loking for a Vette then tell you right this way and show you a Cobalt. Just the kind of idiots I'd buy from. By the way mule is another word for ass which the both of you can kiss mine!!!

I work 40 miles from home and this dealer is only 3 miles from the shop on the way home. When someone tells me they have a product when it isn't at all what I'm asking for, thats like going to the car dealership loking for a Vette then tell you right this way and show you a Cobalt. Just the kind of idiots I'd buy from. By the way mule is another word for ass which the both of you can kiss mine!!!

You're proving my point. These guys obviously weren't familiar with what you were speaking of. If you've ever worked in retail, then you'll know that customers come asking for all kinds of wierd assed things when what they're talking about is a common every day item. You've taken a simple misunderstanding and devoted a whole thread into ?????ing about it. Like I said, I've seen your kind before.

I can see everybody's point of view on this one. I hate it when people come into my shop trying to act like MR. Bigshot/know-it-all when you can tell he hasn't the foggiest idea what he's talking about, but i'm the idiot. But i also have gone to a dealership before, told them flat out what type of NEW care my fiance' wanted, and they took us right to the used cars. So i can see both sides of the coin on this one.

It all comes down to knowing how to treat ya customer. Take today for example. Fellow comes in today with a Shindiawa catalog in his hand. He goes so tell me are these Stihl's you sell as good as these Shindiawa's in this book. Seeing he was gonna be a smart azz I said you gotta be kidding. He goes well Shindiawa is a good brand isn't it. I say they sure are. He says well what makes you think Stihl is better. I said because I sell Stihl,LOL He says that doesn't prove Stihl is better. I said it does to me. He goes your just bias. I said oh really, how you figure. He goes well your saying Stihl is better merely because you sell it. I said do you think I would say Shindiawa is better when I sell Stihl ya big dummy,LOL. Holding his ground he proceeds to tell me about all these different models in his Shiny catalog. I'm like okkkkkkkkkkkk so I get my Stihl catalog and let him look at it. After looking at it for 10 minutes and rassing the living hell out of him I took 400.00 out of his pocket and sent him on his way laffing his azz off. He was nice though, he did leave me the Shiny catalog,LOLOLOL

As for Jack and his chain deal no matter what kind of chain the boys had they should have been able to sell it to Jack, simple as that. I would have said Jack, nope we don't have square ground chain and for good reason, its not worth two cents after you touch the ground with it. The boys Jack was dealing with just weren't up to snuff. Can't blame Jack for mocking them but had it been me I would have gotton Jacks money on something else. Gotta know how to treat ya customers, those two boys didn't though maybe at no fault of their own, they simply didn't know. Jack knew exactly what he wanted, its the salesman job to sell him something else that will fill the bill if they don't have what he wants..

Retail

Most people work in retail when they can't get a job anywhere else. It is the safety net of our economy :hmm3grin2orange:

Its time to farm out the retail jobs to the Illegal Aliens.:cheers:

Square ground is not necessarily available in all Stihl regions... I can't get all chain shown in the Stihl Chain catalog out here.

Now why is that? Why wouldn't any dealer anywhere be able to order any and every item that Stihl produces if there's a need or demand for it?

I'll tell you why, because apparently Stihl likes to ration out its products in order to create an aura among the Stihl dupes... er, I mean... Stihl 'faithful'... that Stihl 'is all that'. Which it ain't. (Plus it allows everyone involved to charge more just for the name 'Stihl'.)

Note to everyone else...just put SAP on ignore and he'll go away. That's what I'm doing. :notrolls2:

It all comes down to knowing how to treat ya customer. Take today for example. Fellow comes in today with a Shindiawa catalog in his hand. He goes so tell me are these Stihl's you sell as good as these Shindiawa's in this book. Seeing he was gonna be a smart azz I said you gotta be kidding. He goes well Shindiawa is a good brand isn't it. I say they sure are. He says well what makes you think Stihl is better. I said because I sell Stihl,LOL He says that doesn't prove Stihl is better. I said it does to me. He goes your just bias. I said oh really, how you figure. He goes well your saying Stihl is better merely because you sell it. I said do you think I would say Shindiawa is better when I sell Stihl ya big dummy,LOL. Holding his ground he proceeds to tell me about all these different models in his Shiny catalog. I'm like okkkkkkkkkkkk so I get my Stihl catalog and let him look at it. After looking at it for 10 minutes and rassing the living hell out of him I took 400.00 out of his pocket and sent him on his way laffing his azz off. He was nice though, he did leave me the Shiny catalog,LOLOLOL

As for Jack and his chain deal no matter what kind of chain the boys had they should have been able to sell it to Jack, simple as that. I would have said Jack, nope we don't have square ground chain and for good reason, its not worth two cents after you touch the ground with it. The boys Jack was dealing with just weren't up to snuff. Can't blame Jack for mocking them but had it been me I would have gotton Jacks money on something else. Gotta know how to treat ya customers, those two boys didn't though maybe at no fault of their own, they simply didn't know. Jack knew exactly what he wanted, its the salesman job to sell him something else that will fill the bill if they don't have what he wants..

Woodie,
I was thinking the same thing as I read through the last few posts.

It's a very good thing there are a few hundred miles between me and Tom's shop.

Woodie,
I was thinking the same thing as I read through the last few posts.

It's a very good thing there are a few hundred miles between me and Tom's shop.

Hey PA bring Woody with ya, we'll have ta ta's at the counter talking trimmers and saws, don't forget ya wallets,lol

As for Jack and his chain deal no matter what kind of chain the boys had they should have been able to sell it to Jack, simple as that. I would have said Jack, nope we don't have square ground chain and for good reason, its not worth two cents after you touch the ground with it.

Now there's the truth...you don't even have to touch the ground with that there square chain, just get near it and it goes dull. Then try sharpening it more than a few times. Its good for looking at on a chainsaw that only sits on a shelf, though. Looks mean, it does.

Now there's the truth...you don't even have to touch the ground with that there square chain, just get near it and it goes dull. Then try sharpening it more than a few times. Its good for looking at on a chainsaw that only sits on a shelf, though. Looks mean, it does.

And topping that we don't stock the dayummm stuff,:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back