Stihl dual port muffler covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B
I think the 441 has some goofy muffler that is unrestricted and maybe dual port. There were 3 listed on the international ipl if I remember correctly.
Really? You know I guess what I really want to know is if the 280 or 270 has one. I bet the 280 does not because of iem, but I wander if the 270 does........

There is an early 034 muffler which has the outlet on the front cover, which, with a bit of doing, fits on a later 036 box with the outlet on the side, so there's "sort-of" a stock DP for the 034/036 saws if you don't mind a bit of hijinks.

The MS 460 dual port front covers are garbage:mad: I have one and I have lost enough fire screen assemblies to buy a whole new muffler and the screws vibrate out and the screen is lost forever :msp_ohmy:

The MS 460 dual port front covers are garbage:mad: I have one and I have lost enough fire screen assemblies to buy a whole new muffler and the screws vibrate out and the screen is lost forever :msp_ohmy:

I'm runnin two of them, one on the 044 and the other on the 460 never had a problem.!!!

I have had all 4 bolts come off at once laying in the saw dust. Still my lucky day all four bolts was right there. Tighten them back up with the saw hot and a T-handle never came off again.

Ever tighten your screws now and again? That is a part of saw maintenance ya know? :monkey:

Back