Stihl firewood Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cantoo, nice meeting up with you and thanks for letting a total stranger borrow a saw. And yes it is very much a small world its funny how you meet people around here in Bruce County

I agree with the others in that there is little need for a 60cc saw in a multi saw operation. I used to be a 60cc do all guy with my 036 and 610 Macs before that. Now that I have a shelf full of saws from 40 to 90cc I seldom find real use for the 036 other than running it for old times sake. I limb with any one of several 50cc saws and when size demands a lager unit I move to 70 plus. I find that the increased weight of the 661 is more than offset by less handle time to get the work done.
I have a fleet if saws myself, but as far as 60cc I find 1 of my most useful and I find my 034 as an ideal back up saw to have on board my pickup. As a go between back up its about as perfect as it gets backing up an 50cc limber and an 70 cc or little larger being used on tree trunks, stumps etc.. In a pinch its far from helpless even in many trees 30 ish " dia., if you have it and need it. With an 026-260 and a 70-80cc Stihl you have a compact back up for both ends and sometimes it is just right for the job. On top of that if you are using those model stihls, bars interchange and a good 60cc works wonders with 16 to 20" bars and very decent with 24-25" bars in all but the very hard woods. Never have but if I needed to I expect it would pull a 28",( I know the 64cc Dolmar chains will do pretty fine in average wood with 28).
Different strokes for different folks.:)

Latest posts

Back