Stihl fixed main jet carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremez

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked up an Fc-55. Edger and it was completely gunked up and not taken care of. I did a complete tear down and clean. The carb needs full rebuild. My carb only has an adjustable low. The idle and high speed are fixed. This is a zama carb. Are these worth rebuilding or should i try finding another fully tunable carb?

It is essentially a fs45-55 trimmer witha edger attachment. The carbs I have been selling are fully adjustable, for @ $30, I can pick one up in the morning.

It is essentially a fs45-55 trimmer witha edger attachment. The carbs I have been selling are fully adjustable, for @ $30, I can pick one up in the morning.

Is that for new or rebuilt? Im going to sweet talk the cutie at the stihl dealer and see what kind of price she'll give me. They treat me pretty good.

Stihl has dropped their prices on their Zamas, their price might be close, just make sure you get the fully adjustable one

Stihl has dropped their prices on their Zamas, their price might be close, just make sure you get the fully adjustable one

I'll let you know tomorrow. I dont know if it'll be zama or walbro. We shall see

It will be Zama................................................................

The pretty smiling face told me $28. Guess thats my avenue. Pretty ridiculous that its cheaper to buy a new carb than it is to buy a carb kit and primer bulb separately

Latest posts

Back