Stihl FS66 Carburetor. Any others that will work or anyway to retrofit primer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldjonsered

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My still FS66 is in amazing condition and runs great. Only problem I have is it seems like I always have issues with it priming as it has no primer bulb on this old model..It doesn't get used a lot as I have it set up with a blade and only use it for my heavy brush cutting. I was just wondering if there was something in particular to look for to resolve this issue...or the other thing I though was maybe swap a new carb with a primer bulb onto it.

carb runs of the vacuum of the crankscase if vacuum gets low from a leak the fuel pump will not pump enough fuel to the metering side of the carb

this should cover it

Attachments

• TLS 204 Ex Flange Block Off Tools-9c4722785fb5483b70a6ccb60bf1ab5c.pdf
    164.5 KB · Views: 23
the carb you have is a wt 112 walbro. that is the only listed carb for that model and its 100.00

here is stihl carb manual. will teach you how to check carbs

Attachments

• stihl carburetor manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
have you check the diaphragms yet. they should not be stiff and the little lever that the needle and spring hook to need to be flush with the body

here is the walbro service manual also
Thank you for all the information! Do you think maybe I should just start by throwing a rebuild kit in the carb and see if that works? This brush cutter sat for a long time and I tore the carb apart and cleaned it to get it up and running and it ran fine originally....It doesn't get used much and after sitting thats when these problems arose again. Are the carb kits from Stens any good? I've had good luck with parts from steps in the past but haven't bought any in quite some time.

Hopefully you've been using only premium grade gas which contains no ethanol, it costs a little more but it doesn't cause the problems that ethanol causes

Latest posts

Back