• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl Fuel Can from ValleyFirewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
well it showed up this past week. Box was basically disintegrated cardboard. It was crushed. Inside the box was crumpled up newspaper that offered no support. Obviously, the item was either mishandled or other stuff was stacked on top of it crushing it. Might have well been wrapped in wrapping paper. Luckily the object was metal and didnt get crushed. The other concern is the box reaks of fuel as if it had been soaked in it. When it was delivered I could smell fuel. Any item that ever had fuel in it, should be wrapped and sealed inside of bags that are inside of bags to mask the smell.

It really is a wonder that the item ever showed up, and that it wasnt pulled from the delivery truck. I was going to post a followup in the OP's thread, but he deleted it. I looked thru every listing back to Nov (it was posted end of Dec) and couldnt find it. There is no justifiable reason why a listing would be deleted. It should only be closed.

Yall take the info, and do what you want with it.

Yep,after reading several threads/listings of his..... no surprise at all. I just want everyone to be aware. Atleast it was a cheap item ($70) and not a saw for hundreds of dollars.

Bummer. When I ship a saw I always dump out the tank, idle it until it stalls, then leave it sit in the garage overnight with the cap off so it dries out completely. That avoids the need for vulcanized packaging. I realize that's not the discussion you're aiming for here.

Is this thread about his poor packaging or was the item not what was described?

item was as described. packaging was piss poor.

there is another member that has posted in this thread that bought a saw from him in Nov and it just recently showed up, and without delving into it too much, there were some issues with the saw that weren't disclosed to the buyer. He can chime in if he likes.

I hope you have pictures because I suspect he will refute your assessment. Be sure to quote his response(s) so those who have him on ignore can follow along.

He can refute all he wants, I have a rock solid reputation with many reputable members here that I have bought and sold to. I firmly believe what my Papaw told me when I was a child, "It takes a lifetime to build a good name, and a second to destroy it."... words I live by.

He can refute all he wants, I have a rock solid reputation with many reputable members here that I have bought and sold to. I firmly believe what my Papaw told me when I was a child, "It takes a lifetime to build a good name, and a second to destroy it."... words I live by.

Not doubting you at all, but his MO will be to call you an ass and troublemaker and blame it on the delivery service. Be nice to be able to show how it arrived.

Not doubting you at all, but his MO will be to call you an ass and troublemaker and blame it on the delivery service. Be nice to be able to show how it arrived.

no problem. I will post pics when Kari get's home.... she has a better camera on her phone.

7901.... I had $950 in this saw and sold it for $550 shipped. That is a $450 dollar loss with shipping. And I still packed it right.

1016122253a.jpg 1016121927b.jpg 1016121927a.jpg 1016121859b.jpg 1016121859a.jpg 1016121857a.jpg 1016121856a.jpg 1016121855a.jpg 1016121854a.jpg 1016121853a.jpg

One thing is for sure... whoever buys from me, always comes back with a comment about how the item was packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back