• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl Fuel Can from ValleyFirewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The packing should be just as important as the item inside.

The 2171 I just received from Steven was packaged very well. I would think he thought the 440 I sent him was packed just as well.

Pack them like hey will be kicked the the location. Because most times they are. The sorting process is not a pretty one at the P.O. They toss everything into the proper bins. Literally toss..

Garbage bags are cheap. So is tape. :)

I would hate to have someting I sold get damaged because I didn't take a few minutes longer to pack it up correctly. It's just not worth the risk to me. I always assume that the box will get dropped or mishandled at some point...

On a side note, I recently received a saw from a member in good standing, and it had fuel and oil in it. It didn't leak, but still not a good idea, IMO... (It wasn't the 2188 :))

The 2171 I just received from Steven was packaged very well. I would think he thought the 440 I sent him was packed just as well.

Pack them like hey will be kicked the the location. Because most times they are. The sorting process is not a pretty one at the P.O. They toss everything into the proper bins. Literally toss..

Garbage bags are cheap. So is tape. :)

I would hate to have someting I sold get damaged because I didn't take a few minutes longer to pack it up correctly. It's just not worth the risk to me. I always assume that the box will get dropped or mishandled at some point...

On a side note, I recently received a saw from a member in good standing, and it had fuel and oil in it. It didn't leak, but still not a good idea, IMO... (It wasn't the 2188 :))

For me, I dont consider the money "mine to spend" until I hear back from the buyer and know that they are happy with what they bought, and that it was received without incident.

Nice, I try to reuse as many packing supplies as I can but seems that I never have an adequate supply.

I actually thought you packed the 440 better than I packed the 2171, and that is saying something because that 2171 was also protected inside of a brand new "jonsered power box" inside of the shipping box.

good point. as a seller on the shipping end, i pack them as if I was the buyer on the receiving end.

One liter soda bottles are great to pack with .
Years ago I won on eBay a set of zx10 wheels they where brand new . 1000$ the guy threw them in a crappy box with a 2 foot section of bubble wrap between them . The sprocket came off and trashed both wheels . It looked like there was a angry unicorn stuck in the box . They guy told me to contact ups and make a claim . I tried and they said no way . And on top of that I paid for insurance and he never put insurance on it . I was miffed .... Never got my money back and he is now selling under another name . If I ever make it to Orlando again I will visit his bike shop and knock over a row of bikes .( accidentally of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't seem to sell any saws, but I have sent a few out for porting in Tn. I used Steven's packing method as an example, because the saw that he shipped to me would have survived anything the courier could dish out. I, for one, am glad to have this stuff aired out. Buyer beware.......and in this case buyer steer clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back