stihl fuel injection?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onegunsmith

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just doing some readind and looking at some old threads and wondering what can be expected and when? If you go to the stihl website and look at the reviews on the ts 500 they arent so good. I'm looking at purchasing a 441 or 461 in the near future and wondering how far out is the new fuel injection or an M tronic 460? Does anybody have the inside scoop?

No 460 M tronic but there is the 441M and maybe a future 461. A Stihl dealer in Wa. Had indicated the 500's had fuel pump delivery issues, however that may have been on the earlier models.

Completely different systems between the TS500 and the 441CM. The TS is fuel injected and the 441CM (as well as the 261CM) are electronically controlled carburetors.

I have a 441CM and it has been excellent. I'm 99% sure that the 661 M-tronic is next. I have heard from a good source that all Stihl professional models will be M-Tronics within a couple years.

I have a TS500 for a crew. We've worn out one top end already. Best damn demo saw we've had; period. Never more than two pulls and with inexperienced operators its a god send. Lots less broken recoils etc from frustration. I wouldn't steer away from a full fuel injected saw at all. Great technology.

I haven't laid my eyes on a TS500 yet but I like the idea of the fuel injection. I wonder what could be modded on a fuel injected saw? I'm assuming that the fuel injection will work like the electronic carbs and add fuel as needed. Modds might be nice on fuel injected saws. The air intake could possibly be bored larger as there should be no jets. I'm getting ahead of myself:dizzy: Bring em on:rock:

I took the worn cylinder to the Central VA GTG and let Mastermind look at it. He asked at first if it was a 460 jug. Said it would port real nice. My question is why on a demo saw? The fuel injection I'm sure would compensate just fine but running one compared to a TS400 or the TS420.. it's a total different machine. Add in the other features like electronic water shut off and electronic water flow control it's a great machine.

Ran a 550XP stock this weekend at the Mid Atlantic logging expo and that was impressive. If I had the money.. it would have gone home with me. The technology is making these things great runners out of the box.

Latest posts

Back