stihl going to home depot!!! ousts echo!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why Not 2008?

In answer to the question above: Stihl needed the extra year plus in order to bring their saws up to the Quality level that H/D and their customers were accustomed too.........

not a joke

guys this is serious.
the article was dated yesterday. not april first.
sheeeeesh! you guys jump to conclusions too quickly!
i'lll go find that link to the announcement article now.

o.k so it is a joke. i had to try! at least i got 1 or 2 of you!

guys this is serious.
the article was dated yesterday. not april first.
sheeeeesh! you guys jump to conclusions too quickly!
i'lll go find that link to the announcement article now.

o.k so it is a joke. i had to try! at least i got 1 or 2 of you!

Ok It may have been a thread rerun but :clap: :clap: :clap: well done!

Last edited:
also winter flounder opener!!! NY anyway

figured I'd finally say hi. been lurkin a while. Im a general contractor and an overall tool junkie. my saw is a jred 2165 which does more than enough when i need to clear around a house for a siding job. looking to do a muffler mod when i get the time. funny though i didnt even think i needed more saw till i signed up for this site!!:cheers:

also winter flounder opener!!! NY anyway

figured I'd finally say hi. been lurkin a while. Im a general contractor and an overall tool junkie. my saw is a jred 2165 which does more than enough when i need to clear around a house for a siding job. looking to do a muffler mod when i get the time. funny though i didnt even think i needed more saw till i signed up for this site!!:cheers:

welcome to the site johnjr!!!
some warnings about this site:
never take anything you read here too seriously.:)
you will feel the need to buy more saws if you hang around here!:)
you will be told to buy a stihl ms361. that is a standard thing here!:)

No idea if this is bogus or truth (but I could not find any info on this through a Google search and a Google News search), but I could see Stihl selling their homeowner stuff through big-box stores and holding their Pro equipment for dealers.

do a yahoo search on Echo parts tell me what you see in first place

thanks
calvin

Welcome Johnjr

Volks-man has given good advise. The only thing that I can add is, for God's sake never, never, never, ask "what saw should I get." The Stihl, Husky, ect. crowd will drive all of us crazy. Also don't ask any questions about oil unless it involves which company to by stock in. Other than that, just about anything seems to be inboounds. Welcome and join in the fray. JR

The gullabilty still amazes me. It is 12:07 in my location. I hope maybe common sense will now reign through now the the fools day has passed

Bill

Welcome and join in the fray. JR

On a side note I see you are in Marble Rock. If you want to participate in a saw getogether this summer let me know as I have a few planned and that is no April fools.

Bill

even if this was true, do you think they could out sell walmarts purple and green beast, walmart is in every town it seems, and even lowes carry it. so it seems stihl would still have a compettitor

yes bill i realized it was a joke. thats why i started my sentence off with even if it was true:cheers:

umph

Actually,
I have a buddy thats the mgr for the HD in Burlington, VT. He said he's known about it for a while, nothing was official. When I asked him about it, he said they had to change a lot of stuff to accomodate Stihl, they will now have a service dept and people dedicated just to the Stihl line-up. He also said he hadn't heard anything yet, but knew it was just a question of when... He didn't know anything about the echo though... He said they wouldn't sell a single Stihl w/out the usual tests etc... that dealers normally do, nothing like big box is what he said... Anyhoot, I dunno if that's actually true, but he seems to think it is and he's a mgr for HD so......... Here we go again...

:popcorn:

Actually,
I have a buddy thats the mgr for the HD in Burlington, VT. He said he's known about it for a while, nothing was official. When I asked him about it, he said they had to change a lot of stuff to accomodate Stihl, they will now have a service dept and people dedicated just to the Stihl line-up. He also said he hadn't heard anything yet, but knew it was just a question of when... He didn't know anything about the echo though... He said they wouldn't sell a single Stihl w/out the usual tests etc... that dealers normally do, nothing like big box is what he said... Anyhoot, I dunno if that's actually true, but he seems to think it is and he's a mgr for HD so......... Here we go again...

:popcorn:

Since it is April 2nd I will answer this for you.
Your buddy doesn't know what the he11 he's talking about. After all he is a product of HD.

Wow

Since it is April 2nd I will answer this for you.
Your buddy doesn't know what the he11 he's talking about. After all he is a product of HD.

There was some serious disdain in your tone there dude. I'm thinking you need to eat more fruit with all that hatred. You'll feel better. Try some prunes...

:cheers:

There was some serious disdain in your tone there dude. I'm thinking you need to eat more fruit with all that hatred. You'll feel better. Try some prunes...

:cheers:

dude,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:dizzy: how old are you

welcome to the site johnjr!!!
some warnings about this site:
never take anything you read here too seriously.:)
you will feel the need to buy more saws if you hang around here!:)
you will be told to buy a stihl ms361. that is a standard thing here!:)

I dont take too much too seriously but like I said...tool junkie!! Just 'cause Ill only use it occasionally doesnt mean I wont buy the best(at least in my opinion) A good tool always pays for itself I always say!

So Echo is just throwing in the towel on US sales? And they're going to make that up where?

BTW, the answer to the date question......................................
..........................opening day of Trout season.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah Trouser trout or Brown Trout

LOLOL!!!!!!:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Back