Stihl Guru's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Rules

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What type of spark plugs do you professional loggers/arborist/firewood cutters think is the best for Stihl Products. Especially the MS361.:D

Funny story- last weekend I stopped by my counsin's farm to say hey. His brother, who is the smartest person on the earth, was trying to get a B&S motor running on a pump. He had swapped coils from an old motor and put a new plug on-no start, gone to town and gotten a new coil- still couldn't get it to start. After watching him struggle in 90° heat for 10minutes, I suggested he might try a different plug. Well, he being the genius he is, said that he had already put a new plug in. OK, I let him continue while my brother and I enjoyed watching the frustration build. I offered to him that I have had new plugs not work and suggested again he try a different one. I guess he was either tired of the heat and wanted to go to the shop for a minute, or he was tired of hearing me and wanted to prove that I didn't know squat. So, off he went and fetches a fresh plug, drops it on, grabs the end and jerks the rope----guess what??? He had spark.....priceless....and it couldn't have happened to a smarter person!

Not a stihl guru, but I got an iridium autolite from walmart the other day, and it seems to work great. I have always used the ngk's nmurph quoted but when I saw an iridium one for a chainsaw i jumped on it cause it helped with fuel mileage when I changed to them on a motorcycle I have. Not sure of the number but they have that little computer look up thingy that makes it cave man easy.

Latest posts

Back