Stihl hard hat/face shield. Repair or go with less expensive new options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Acquisto

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Occasional tree feller. Found my later brothers old Stihl hard hat. The face shield is cracked in several places and the ear muffs are pretty filthy.

Searching for replacement parts and not really finding what looks compatible. Should I bother to try and refurbish this or just go with some of the $50-$70 units I see on AmazaBay?

Occasional tree feller. Found my later brothers old Stihl hard hat. The face shield is cracked in several places and the ear muffs are pretty filthy.

Searching for replacement parts and not really finding what looks compatible. Should I bother to try and refurbish this or just go with some of the $50-$70 units I see on AmazaBay?

I would go the Amazon route. Or you could also just spend a little extra and get a Husqvarna or Stihl hard hat.

I have a brand new Stihl one that I have yet to use because I bought it for if i ever get a groundman job with a tree company. I'm getting ready to go to my second pair of chaps and third pair of boots though.

Call your local ACE Hardware and Northern Tool and price it before ordering online?

That Husky helmet is the less expensive of the "functional" line. There's also one with a headband adjuster. I have one of each. Both work great. They need cloth headband liners for hot weather use or there's sweat running in your eyes. I found some that velcro in on amazon.

I have a Stihl and a Husky. The Husky ear muffs fit me better. To get all the parts would probably cost more than a new helmet.

I have the Husky and it's been fine. It was a second purchase after a less expensive one from Amazon that didn't survive the use and minor abuse. I believe an earmuff broke at the attachment point and the face screen isn't nearly as fine. So I saved money ($20?) on the first one only to spend the money on the better one.

What's everyone's take on the Oregon setup? I bought it as a backup to a steel helmet I had for a number of years,

Attachments

• 71sqQXRpyJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71sqQXRpyJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back