Stihl HSE 70 Hedge trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSkull

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bough this one yesterday and the Stihl dealer give me the demo instead of a new one in box, he didn't offer me a deal and I have no idea if I mist anything I'm supposed to get with it (AKA a small flat file or even a Stihl cap!) , On stihl internet site you can see the front "Switch" handle is black and mine is orange...I Wonder if he give me old stuff ... take a look ...Any help is appreciate Thank you.

View attachment 295722View attachment 295723View attachment 295724

PS: You can read "Made in Germany" is it realy made there???

Nice trimmer when I got mine I got the manual and trimmer maybe spark plug and torx wrench too can't remember

Thank you.

I guess it's my fault if you don't see the power cord on the first picture....:dizzy:

Yep....It's an electric hedge trimmer! It's heavy, bulky and expensive, got no spark plug and no gas tank.... But since it's not noisy my neigborhoud may like it too :msp_cool:

Last edited:
I call another Stihl dealer yesterday, in the past I buy a boat outboard engine and a snowblower from them, he ask me the serial number of my tool to verify and he even give me the customer services phone number of Stihl Canada here in my province. I want them to explain to me why I can buy any electric tool in a box everywhere but not from that Stihl dealer....

Lesson learns....Buy from dealer you know, not from "On your way home from work" scammer...

Now I need to purchase a new GT series garden tractor since I keep my old 1650 Cub Cadet for snow throwing, maybe a new Cub Cadet GT or GTX2100, they are not build like old one but I see worse at hardware stores...(Cheap sealed hydro tranny)

I know where I’m gone spend my money for this one.....You got only one chance to make a good impression...^_^

How do you know it's a demo? He told you they used it? From the looks of it, it looks brand new. Check the blades. When you buy these new it only comes with safety glasses, no tools. And Stihl isn't supposed to be sold in a box. If you're buying them in a box then the dealer is just violating the policies.

Back