Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Spence

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hope someone can help. I'm not an arborist just found the site searching for info. Just bought an old ht 75 that is in decent shape except for the internals of the pole assembly. One bearing is shot and the others are sloppy. The serial number tag is illegible but from what I can tell it is one of the first revisions based on the parts that I can identify from online parts illustrations I’ve found. I could really use a shop manual or tech notes for the pole assembly (or for the entire saw if possible) I’m having a hard time getting the right bearings identified. I have 3 splined bearings and one with a typical bore. It appears the splined ones number ends in 3200 and are available because that’s all the new saws use. There’s one parts list that has a 3201 and another with 3205. I think the latter is obsolete. I’ve found a few of the 3201 online but can’t confirm if that is the one with straight bore. Both types that were in my saw have 3800 as the suffix of the part number stamped on them which is confusing as they are obviously different. None of the local dealers are of any help since I don’t have the SR# and they aren’t getting the repair. I could use new spline shafts but the one with external splines must be obsolete too. Dealer says a new assembly is $290. I only need saw to maintain a couple of acres of mid sized oaks so I could probably get along with just bearings for the rest of the time I’ll be doing the work. Sorry for the novel...lol. Thanks in advance for any advice or if you can point me in the right direction for parts.

Can you put up a pic of the old one?
It is stamped with 3800 as the suffix but so are the splined ones. By process of elimination I figure it is the 3201. Nobody has them in the Houston area and say I will have to eat it if we order and its wrong since I can't provide a serial number. I've only found a couple in stock at random shops across the US. A couple of places went to pull stock for me but actually didn't have them on the shelf. This one is actually the best of all 4 but solvent got into it diluting the grease. I was able to pop a shield off and salvage the shield so worst case I'll repack it and put the shield back.
ac0329b30c8c43ff0099361ffc7c73e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back