Stihl HT75 bar oiler pump old style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She would be madder about who I called the ugly ones,
than who I might be still able to spank!!

Either way, the spank was just "foreplay"......
After paying the cover charge....

You cannot remove what you have?
Cannot take a pic or two?
Cannot put up a link of what you ordered?

Yes, I promise pictures and more info when my order arrives on Friday. But, I've been batch'n it for a week and a half, which means hanging sheet rock for the new room in the basement, house cleaning, and just general straightening up has to come higher on the priority list before my better half arrives home on Saturday. I don't have a heated shop, so, living here in NW Illinois, my "shop time" decreases proportionately to the temperature outside. I'll post more info this weekend. In the mean time, thanks for all the info and advice. Overlooker

Better late than never... I finally got pics of my HT75. I installed a new aftermarket 6 tooth sprocket, a new aftermarket shroud, and a NOS replacement throttle cable. And, with that and all the other new parts I had already installed, I have a running telescoping pole saw. The sprocket that was on the saw was a seven-tooth without any of the friction-clutch modifications, and the new sprocket came without any of the cupped washers. So I simply removed the worn sprocket and replaced it with the new one, therefore I don't have any of the safety benefits of the friction clutch. The new shroud had no name plate, so I took the name plate off the old shroud and glued it too the new shroud, even though the new shroud didn't have a recess intended for a name plate.

Bottom line, I have too much money invested in this saw, but, once I got started repairing it, I decided I was in too far to quit. It still cost me less than a new one...Oh well. Sorry I didn't clean it up again before I did my photos, but I have actually been using it. Thanks for all the interest and advice I have received. Overlooker

How did you like installing the throttle cable?

That was one of the hardest things I did all day! I had to switch out the back half of the throttle handle (The part I installed was the new and improved version.) and figure out how to run all the parts in all the right grooves. And, of course, there were three different springs to install, which convinced me that I should have paid more attention when I took the thing apart in the first place! Once I finally got it all screwed together, I was thrilled to find out that everything worked as it should, although, by then, I was late for dinner!

That was one of the hardest things I did all day! I had to switch out the back half of the throttle handle (The part I installed was the new and improved version.) and figure out how to run all the parts in all the right grooves. And, of course, there were three different springs to install, which convinced me that I should have paid more attention when I took the thing apart in the first place! Once I finally got it all screwed together, I was thrilled to find out that everything worked as it should, although, by then, I was late for dinner!
I just did one too on my HT 131 only it was apart for two months then I tried to put it all back it took good hour! Never leave stuff you not familiar apart for a long time!

Latest posts

Back