stihl = ?? Husqvarna = what atv? Dolmar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pro94lt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Trying to find some sort of correlation of saws to atv's or four wheelers as we call them. my guess is the guys that only run stihl's probibly run honda atv
s, husqvarna guys probibly ride polaris, and dolmar guys might tend to like can ams. I have my reasons for my thoughts but just let it all hang out.

I run huskies, have a polaris and one honda.

what saw do you run and what four wheeler(atv)

Let's see, I have 3 Stihls, 4 Husqvarnas, 25 Poulans, 22 Homelites, 5 McCullochs, 4 Craftsmans, and about 30 other saws and have a Yamaha Kodiak.

But then again, I also own about a dozen and a half Studebakers and 5 Cockshutt tractors. :dizzy:

I have 3 Stihls and a Yamaha Kodiak. I am planning one getting a Grizzly 550 before the year is up.

I've got a stihl and a honda
My dad's got a stihl and a polaris
My neighbor is stihl and polaris
I'm not that brand loyal though, I'm just most familiar with the creamsickle.

I run a Polaris X2 touring and Honda rancher. The Honda is the one that hauls the wood. The Polaris is too nice for that kind of thing. My dad also keeps his Polaris Xplorer witch we also use the do work in the woods.

Guys with real saws run real ATV's. KAWASAKI. Brute Force 750 & KFX700

The Brute Force has 27" Swamplite Tires with 1-1/8" lugs, Lift Springs, Full Aluminum Skids & A-Arm Guards, Warn 3000lb winch, Front Diff Lock. I have also had the clutches redone. The primary sheaves have been machined, spider modded and resprung. The secondary clutch has also been resprung. She will only do 63 now but gets there instantly and has GOBS of low end. She weighs 650lbs and wheelies like a sport machine.

The other machine there is based off the prairie chassis. Its a sport machine with a 700 V-twin. Same basic engine as the brute just different cylinders and a different transmission. It still retains the CVT tranny so no shifting and is shaft drive so no chain BS. It's big and clunky for a sport machine but its wicked fast for being all stock, handles well and is a great sport machine for the rough/rocky trails. People make fun of it till they try one.

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC04640.jpg

Last edited:
I'm probably more of a yamaha guy than honda, but I grew up riding honda 3 wheelers and those big reds are great old machines.

I always wanted a 3 wheeler since i was a kid in the 70's and the ATC70 came out. A kid up the street had mine and wanted me to chop it up for him so he could make a faster golf cart. I told him no so he went on his way riding a wheelie about a block long up the street. Then he called and said he found some truck parts and he needed 200 bucks. I said ride that thing back and i will give ya 200. Here he came on the back wheels. Had it for about 4 years. My cousin has a Yamaha Tri Moto he bought new in '79 or so...Bob

i run stihls and my atv is a clarke f67g (skidder),really,i traded a foreman 4x4 450 for a mustang gt, built the mustang gt into a street rod traded it and cash for my last skidder ,so the clarke f67g is now my atv

I always wanted a 3 wheeler since i was a kid in the 70's and the ATC70 came out. A kid up the street had mine and wanted me to chop it up for him so he could make a faster golf cart. I told him no so he went on his way riding a wheelie about a block long up the street. Then he called and said he found some truck parts and he needed 200 bucks. I said ride that thing back and i will give ya 200. Here he came on the back wheels. Had it for about 4 years. My cousin has a Yamaha Tri Moto he bought new in '79 or so...Bob
Ok cool story...yeah growing up my dad bought a new 185s in 81'. Its amazing that we used it as such a utility atv back in the day. We drove eons of miles with my dad, brother, and I on it. We were either grouse hunting, scouting for deer, pulling a small boat into a remote lake, woodcutting etc. Other than chain maintenance now and again it was an indestructible machine and the 185s wasn't one of the better models honda built.

My older cousin and uncle had a honda big red and they were brutes of a machine back in those days. My best buddy growing up had a 200m along with a 125m. Its astounding on how many hours we put on those old hondas without missing a beat.

I never had much personal experience with yamaha till my dad purchased a new big bear in like 91. It was on par with the build quality I experienced with the honda 3 wheelers growing up, except this one had 4 wheels. Later he purchased 2 new yamaha outboards and 2 yamaha snowmobiles and they were equivalent in quality.

I picked up an 84' ytm 200 a couple years back along with a 200E honda that I gave to my dad. The only reason why I kept the yamaha was because of it being shaft drive vs the chain driven honda. I use it as a cruiser/utility machine more than I should, but its been an awesome machine. I also have a 99' suzuki LTF500F 4x4 Quadrunner that I got on trade from a neighbor. Eventhough I wasn't sure what to expect from the suzuki it has been an impressive machine also especially since it wasn't ever taken care of or parked indoors the first 9 years of its life.

Either or honda and yamaha make great machines, but in recent years I have just slightly edged towards yamaha. Wow sorry for the rambling.

Polaris 700 Military model sportsman.

Mostly Huskys in the stable.

Polaris makes a Great ATV, but dammit I hate the engineers that decided it should be a monumental PITA to maintain the thing.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Polaris 700 Military model sportsman.

Mostly Huskys in the stable.

Polaris makes a Great ATV, but dammit I hate the engineers that decided it should be a monumental PITA to maintain the thing.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I personally like how even though you put it in 4x4 its not in 4x4 until it SENSES the rear wheels slip..WTF is that???? The best part is the sprague carrier on most models in the front diff is PLASTIC...lots of issues with that.

Latest posts

Back