Stihl Light Bar confusion.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyler Monares

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everyone, First post here on AS..... Awsome info all throughout this site, Thanks in advance...

Question: i have been searching, researching, talking to Stihl saw shops for weeks....
Stihl website says they make a 20",25" ES light bars. According to their 2015 catalog they make 20" all the way up to 36", According to the Stihl saw shop only 28" and longer, according to the MS661 manual they only make 28" and longer.... i have searched baileys and other online sources and i cant find anything smaller than 28". there are threads with links to a Stihl library that supposedly have all of the part numbers for all their stuff but those links i've found don't work. I have google Stihl library and all they have are how to videos, MSDS and warranty info etc. I just bought an MS261 C-M and a MS661 C-M. 20", 25", 28" light, 32" light, 36" bars were also purchased. i would love to have a 20" light bar to run on my 261 for limbing.
anyone have an idea where i can find a list of part numbers for their bars? you would think their catalog would have a P/N for bars listed, they have a number for everthing else in that book...

Thanks ST! does Sugi or Tsumara make a 20" 3/8 .050 light weight bar? i have looked at oregons and they dont seem to offer a reduced weight bar shorter than 28" either.... i should have picked up an MS241 so i can run the small mount light bar....

Edit
yes Sugi does, thanks again

Thanks ST! does Sugi or Tsumara make a 20" 3/8 .050 light weight bar? i have looked at oregons and they dont seem to offer a reduced weight bar shorter than 28" either.... i should have picked up an MS241 so i can run the small mount light bar....

Edit
yes Sugi does, thanks again

Tsumura does as well, sold as Tsumura and as Total.

Sugi bars will be out there. I just picked up 16", 20", and 24".

Thanks for the link to the thread. I wonder why it didn't come up in my searches even though the thread is only a few months old

Anyone looking,
The PN for the 3/8 .050 ES light bars:
20"- 3003 000 2221
25" - 3003 000 2231

Well after giving the dealer a part number he was able to order me one. His supplier has them in stock! Ordered yesterday morning should be here today. Along with a 3/8's 2 in 1 file guide.
At first I was suprised they didn't have any in stock until they said Cal Fire had bought all they had.
California state fire department (cal fire) had come in just as I was leaving to order saw parts.
Big 72k acre fire in my area. The two guys brought in a 2" thick binder full of parts order forms.
I could only imagine the $ total of stuff they were ordering.
I peaked at the cover page of the binder and they were mechanics for Cal Fire's Chainsaw support trailer. I guess they travel around the Unit and service every Cal Fire stations chainsaws as well as go to big incidents. How would you like to have that job.....

I was talking with my dealer and they said they have had so much business because this fire. Soberanes fire in Monterey county, California
Between Cal Fire ordering parts and homeowners and ranchers coming in to buy new saws and timmers/brushcutters this will by far be their highest income year on record!!!!

where are you at? that fire is crepping south towards us and another fire that's only 5-10 miles away is moving super fast and starting to come north towards us, already up to 5,000 acres in the 4th day!

-scott

Gonzales Ca,
Are you talking about the Chimney Fire that's by lake Naciamiento?
Cal Fire states it's 10% containted with 12 structures destroyed, 20 damaged
1600+ firefighters are on it now

yep, that's the one. I'm between nacimiento and San Antonio dams. 20 homes destroyed 12 damaged is what he incident cheif reported on the news this am. it's going to get way worse before it gets better!

-scott

yes the dc10 is making laps out to the paso robles airport along with others non stop. they said they had 7 or 8 helicopters also assisting the fight. as of tonight they reported 6900 acres, 30 houses and 10 outbuildings gone and over 2000 personnel. please pray for thone in the area and the firefighters working tirelessly to save them.

-scott

I've been on several forums and I have thankfully never had a thread derail until this one!
Odd to happen in a simple thread like this....
Stay safe Scott!

Back