stihl ms 180 beach and moan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want some of what that dealers tech is smoking.

Disposable? heck no, I use $3.00 of carb cleaner to clean those $2.35 filters every time.

Just bought a 018c for $5. The guy said the saw will bog when at about half throttle. The thing looks almost new, he certainly didn't use it much. Someone told him the piston was bad, but I pulled the muffler and it is clean as a whistle. These threads are giving me some good ideas on what to look for. Carburator looks like the culprit, or the impulse line. For $5, it's worth a shot. Would be a great little saw for around the house.

I call BS on this whole thread.

The air from the filter runs through the air horn, into the Venturi, past the throttle shutter, and into the engine. A clogged or faulty/dirty air filter will result in dirt getting into the engine, or into the throttle bore of the carb.

Any dirt INSIDE the carb is coming from the fuel line/tank/filter...

With the exception being the fuel pump chamber vent..but it's never an issue, and is isolated from the wet parts of the inner carburetor.

Your dealer is a liar who doesnt know how to work on saws, he just likes to stick his head up his a$$ and spount non-sense on gullable customers...

If a "tech" tried to pass that bullstuff on me Id set his a$$ straight....

Latest posts

Back