Stihl ms 193t or echo cs 355t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave P 71801

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok I need some help deciding on what saw to add to my toolbox I am a part time arborist I cut and trim trees from a bucket truck and occasionally climb and I'm wanting a top handle saw it's not gonna be used all day everyday but it will get used 2-3 days a week I mostly cut oak and gum the limbs I'll be cutting with this saw are less than 8" I've been reading on here and other places on the net and have it narrowed down to two saws one is the stihl ms193t and the other is echo Cs355t and was wanting some professional opinions on it I know that the ms200t is the king and ms201t is as close as u can buy new but I don't have the money for one of those right now the ms193t is 329.00 with a 14" bar and cs355t is 339.00 with a 14" bar price is a big factor for me right now a ms201t will come down the road but I need a top handle now and these are what I can afford what I like about the ms193t is it's a stihl I have and have had other stihl saws and have always loved the quality and durability, it is a little bit lighter, and I already have a 10", 12", and 14" bar and chain that will fit it What I like about the echo is it's a little bit bigger motor and I assume more powerful, it has a longer warranty, and it has the interchangeable handle inserts. I will be using a 14" bar And will be leaving the saw stock for now anyway so what am I forgetting to look at? Any advice or opinions on which saw will be the better saw for me would be great

If you go in to your local Echo dealer you'll probably find CS-355T comes with a 7 day money back guarantee, no questions asked. It is that good, not very many get returned.
There are also some excellent reviews if you want to look round.

Looking forward to reading your review.

I saw that tag on the saw dose that mean I can take it for 7 days try it and if I don't like it take it back to the dealer or would I have to send it to echo and wait on my money back sorry if that seems like a stupid question but if the dealer handles it that's a good thing but if I would have to send it to echo it would be a pita

Sorry bout the lack of punctuation. I'm using a iPhone 4 and I have to go between keyboards to do punctuation and it's a pita so sometimes if it's not put in automatically it just gets left out. Thank you for reply

The technical answer is you take it back to the dealer within 7 days, nothing else required.

Why don't you get a 355T and use it for the 2-3 days of your week. Then go to your local Stihl dealer and ask for a 7 day money back guarantee to try a MS193T.
Guess which one will go back?

The 355T has more power and is a stronger saw. Build quality is pretty flimsy on both. I'd go with the Echo in your situation.

Back