Stihl ms 200t having issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckinMoe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have this 200t that’s having issues idling its unsteady and spits gas from carburetor I recently threw on a new oem carburetor and still acts the same ...with a Chinese carburetor it didn’t spit gas out but wouldn’t idle at all and would seem erratic now with the new oem carb it does hold more of a tune and seems to idle better but now spits a lot of gas from carb and seems to die out when I tilt it barside up? Any ideas? I’ve checked the obvious like broken hoses carb boot ect..

I’ve found when a saw dies from being tipped on its side that the seals are blown. I’d pressure and vacuum test.

I’ve found when a saw dies from being tipped on its side that the seals are blown. I’d pressure and vacuum test.
It’s the vertical motion bar up that seems to bother the saw doesn’t really die instantly but does seem to drop the idle and eventually does cut off

I’m currently trying to get the tools to get that done
Before I got my mityvac vac/pressure tester, I would literally pull one side apart to the seal and turn the engine over from the other side, while having soapy water on the seal, to see if it would bubble up. I have found plenty of seals leaky this way without having any real tools to do it. Just a FYI.

Back