Stihl MS 250 On Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmateurSawer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stihl has once again marked down their MS250 to 299.99 at participating Mid Atlantic Stihl dealers.

For anyone looking for a 45cc class saw with claimed 3 hp,I recommend taking a look at it. I bought one in Dec 2019 and it has been a great backup for my MS362 doing small cutting and riding the truck when I repair fences.It's a much better saw than it's price and "homeowner" designation would indicate.My son,who has a 290,and I have both been impressed with the job it does for it's size.Mine has an 18" .325 pitch bar on it and,with a sharp chain,does great.I've even considered switch bar and chain to the new .325 narrow kerf to give it more ability but that will be a while as I have four new chains stockpiled.

For the record,I don't own stock it Stihl or have any interest in any dealer beyond being a member of a local farm cooperative which is a dealer.Our patronage dividends are figured by the amount of money the individual spends there.Just one satisfied customers opinion.

Stihl has once again marked down their MS250 to 299.99 at participating Mid Atlantic Stihl dealers.

For anyone looking for a 45cc class saw with claimed 3 hp,I recommend taking a look at it. I bought one in Dec 2019 and it has been a great backup for my MS362 doing small cutting and riding the truck when I repair fences.It's a much better saw than it's price and "homeowner" designation would indicate.My son,who has a 290,and I have both been impressed with the job it does for it's size.Mine has an 18" .325 pitch bar on it and,with a sharp chain,does great.I've even considered switch bar and chain to the new .325 narrow kerf to give it more ability but that will be a while as I have four new chains stockpiled.

For the record,I don't own stock it Stihl or have any interest in any dealer beyond being a member of a local farm cooperative which is a dealer.Our patronage dividends are figured by the amount of money the individual spends there.Just one satisfied customers opinion.
Same deal with participating dealers in Texas and Oklahoma (Blue Mountain Equipment dealers)

It’s easy to beat when you can catch the echo 590 at $320. They do the dealer days a few times a year.
You have a very valid point there.Especially if you need a little more power and don't mind the extra weight.
I have looked at Echo's line and,if they are as user friendly and are the quality of the SRM 225 trimmer I bought,can't say anything but good things.
One of the things I like about my Stihl is 3.0 hp in a 10 lb saw for @ 300.00
The CS 590 would make a good one saw plan for farm and firewood.I compares well in size and hp with the Stihl and Husqvarna "farm saws".The 400.4510 and 490 look interesting

Zero complaints from my CS490. It was a bit of a dog out of the box but it has gotten steadily more powerful as it broke in. A muff mod and retune really helped. Removing the limiter caps was a must. The CS590 is a solid saw as well. If moving into the 60 cc class, I'd take a hard look at Echo's CS620P. More power and features over the 590. Its costs a bit more, but it's justified.

Latest posts

Back