Stihl MS 261 and 362 get an Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh my Swedish connection was mistaken.. can't trust anyone now a days LOL I will bring my digital scale on mondy and get a dry weight of the new 362. is there a new sku number for the new 261? I can access stihl and find out.

If any of you fellow Canadians can get me the SKU numbers for the new 261 and 362 that would be great. Will help a lot with my local dealer.

@Rockjock I forgot my brother in law is getting surgery on his elbows and is laid up for the next 8 weeks so he won't be heading to your shop for me.

Hey,

i hope there isnt a Thread for this in this Forum. Is there a Thread about the 261 and 362 update, so please feel free to delete this.

On the German Stihl Website are the first official Pics from this.

261: http://www.stihl.de/STIHL-Produkte/Motorsägen/Sägen-für-die-Forstwirtschaft/22271-1582/MS-261-C-M-mit-Rapid-Duro-3.aspx

4,9kg by 4.0HP for the standart 261 CM with plastic handle. New falling spikes, new cylinder, new sidecover and some Material conversion

361: http://www.stihl.de/STIHL-Produkte/Motorsägen/Sägen-für-die-Forstwirtschaft/22318-1582/MS-362-C-M-mit-Rapid-Duro-3.aspx

About the 362 i just have the information that the saw will be a little lighter, new cylinder and new

The technical specifications have not been updated yet.
Stihl is learning the art of making last year's saw obsolete, like our car makers have done for years. Nothing like calling your 2 year old saw obsolete...

If any of you fellow Canadians can get me the SKU numbers for the new 261 and 362 that would be great. Will help a lot with my local dealer.

@Rockjock I forgot my brother in law is getting surgery on his elbows and is laid up for the next 8 weeks so he won't be heading to your shop for me.

No worries my friend. I know we are getting ready for a big order so I am sure the new 261 362 will be in stock in that time.

Ya I'm all ears/eyes on SKU numbers as well for the 241cm - my local dealer has no clue on the new models yet. You place your order and take your chances.

To the people buying used Stihl saws they think the MS290 is newer than the 029 and the MS291 is newer version of the MS290, that's what I meant by obsolete, I was mainly speaking of resale price. I sell used saws and rebuilt saws and believe me you can't get as much money out of an 029 as you can a 291, at least I haven't been able to..

To the people buying used Stihl saws they think the MS290 is newer than the 029 and the MS291 is newer version of the MS290, that's what I meant by obsolete, I was mainly speaking of resale price. I sell used saws and rebuilt saws and believe me you can't get as much money out of an 029 as you can a 291, at least I haven't been able to..

I have to agree with you there. But I have seen people try and get some totally silly prices out there. Usually they keep listing and relisting and give up.

The 290 is actually a different and improved design (engine) over the 029. I have owned several of both, and the 029 sucks more. The 029 Super is the same as the 290, but is better IMO with the screw-in oil and gas caps. As for prices? People want $350 for them used around here, because they are a Stihl! And they do not know any better. You can get a good 026 for that here, or even a 310. Buyers at that level do not seem to know any different. Around here at least.

Amusing thread. What we thought were going to be the new 363 and the 262 are being released with the old model numbers. So now we have the Husky style type I, II, III, etc. in the Stihl lineup?

Ya I'm all ears/eyes on SKU numbers as well for the 241cm - my local dealer has no clue on the new models yet. You place your order and take your chances.

Hi,

i hope that SKU is something like a order number(=Best.Nr)?

img_20151222_211840dju28.jpg

41rsp7.jpg

441, 461 and 661 come now with the ES Light Bar, starting from 20" up to 35"

52pfsn4.jpg

Some of the 029s are 45mm piston while the later 290s are 46mm dia. I can't see how that makes much difference but I've got both and when I get them back together I'll try a little comparison, along with the 390 which is 49mm, and see what the difference is in cutting.

Latest posts

Back