• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl ms 261c-m ported w/ sugihara bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hkeyees

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stihl ms-261c-m ported by forum member tree monkey
Has new 18" rs chain used briefly one time, 18" sugihara bar has only been used a couple times and is still in excellent condition.

Has piltz dog on it.

Runs great and cuts wicked fast, only been ran an hour or so after getting her back from tree monkey.

The saw is awesome and I hate to sell it, but I just moved for work and it's far beyond overkill for my Current cutting needs.

I'd like to end up with at least $200 cash. I'd consider a stock 261c-m, regular 261, 241cm, 346xp, other stihl/husky saws in the 45-50cc range. I'd like a pro saw but I'd also consider something like a ms290 farm boss with enough cash

I would love me a Tree Monkey saw but I just can't wrap my head around this saw. 261C recoil cover but carb adjustment holes on the other side. Doesn't really look M-tronic to me.

I would love me a Tree Monkey saw but I just can't wrap my head around this saw. 261C recoil cover but carb adjustment holes on the other side. Doesn't really look M-tronic to me.
It's not an M-Tronic. The starter switch is standard 4 position instead of the 2 on M-Tronic. That being said, I have one of each and no problems . 362CM has better filter.
Maybe the holes are to adjust the Mtronics to get it just where you like it.:laugh:

LoveStihlQuality

top cover was replaced, the original was cracked. I didn't look at the part when I picked it up from the dealer, they must have given me a cover for a 261. saw is definitely a 261 c-m

It's not an M-Tronic. The starter switch is standard 4 position instead of the 2 on M-Tronic. That being said, I have one of each and no problems . 362CM has better filter.

LoveStihlQuality
Correction. The switch indicators are on the replaced top cover. I looked closer, the switch lever IS M-Tronic. My apologies to OP. A picture with Top cover removed would make it clear. Maybe dealer would exchange?

LoveStihlQuality

Back