Stihl MS 361 vs Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, sort of, but the planned activity doesn't look like pure homeowner activity any more......:greenchainsaw:

Husky 357xp should also be an option, btw.....

...here we go again.......:biggrinbounce2: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

SawTroll said:
Yes, sort of, but the planned activity doesn't look like pure homeowner activity any more......:greenchainsaw:

Husky 357xp should also be an option, btw.....

...here we go again.......:biggrinbounce2: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

and 359xp too :hmm3grin2orange:

OOOH OOOHHH!!!! DOLAMR 5100!!!! We simply can not have a thread where a guy asks about two very specific saws and not throw in the DOLAMR 5100!

bump_r said:
OOOH OOOHHH!!!! DOLAMR 5100!!!! We simply can not have a thread where a guy asks about two very specific saws and not throw in the DOLAMR 5100!
Yes but at 50.7cc we are talking larger saws here. Sorry save those for the home owners:yoyo:

stan_1966 said:
The saw will be used for clearing a lot.Also cutting firewood.Hopefully a weekend clearing business
Ok now your talking,
357xp, 359 or the MS361 don't limit yourself

GASoline71 said:
The "Rancher" series of saws by Husqvarna are great milling saws... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!:laugh: :ices_rofl: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

***sorry... I couldn't resist!***

Gary

Tried to give you rep for that. I can't resist the occasional SapJab either. Still funny!

Now just let me climb into my $50k Nismo and I'll be on my way.:hmm3grin2orange:

GASoline71 said:
The "Rancher" series of saws by Husqvarna are great milling saws... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!:laugh: :ices_rofl: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

***sorry... I couldn't resist!***

Gary
OK now "Drop it"

Stihl 361 vs husky 55

Instead of bashing one saw or the other here is some advice. I own several saws (15 +) one is the 55 Rancher and the Ms361 as well. Both are good saws just decide what you want to do. I would agree that Stihl makes a better machine but you aren't really comparing like saws. The MS 361 is a pro saw meant to be used everyday (59cc) the Rancher is a really good homeowner saw (53cc) . The comparable Stihl is the MS280 (54.7cc) this is a mid range saw and maybe a little bit more expensive than the Husky. In my opinion a much better saw for the money. and will last a lifetime if taken care of. You can get the 18 or 20" bar if you like. The chainn is a little bit narrower but, not a concern if you are only taking 5 to 10 cord per year. Of course you can do more if you like. Good luck in your quest.

Back