Stihl MS 362 twist locks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlrookie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I will reserve judgement on these "innovative" devices. If you are unfamiliar they are the nifty way the top cover is held onto a number of new Stihl chainsaws. My conundrum, recently the lock near the front of my saw, there are 3 total, went missing. How this could occur is beyond me, they lock in very tight and hold the top cover quite snug. I contacted my local dealer and was informed it would be a week to get a 3 pack of these little devils in. 8.99 cost to me. Well, I received the call last night that my part(s) were in. I had a hard time with the price, considering I only need one but figured no big deal, I will need more someday I am sure.

Today when I pick up my part(s) there is 1 twist lock in the package and the price is 8.99. Wow. I had the counter guy look up the parts list and he is confused as it shows the description with a 3 in parentheses, he assumed that meant I would receive 3 for that price as would I but since only 1 was in the package it must be the price for 1. What gives I say? More confusion on his part. So my question to anyone that may know, how many should I have received? Part # 1140 140 9200.

It would be my guess that the (3) indicates that 3 of that part number are required per saw. And the price sounds right for 1 each of those twist locks.

Steve

You are probably right. After thinking about it, I am sure that is the price for one, they are hardened steel after all. I was just hoping otherwise, oh well. I just installed it and now the top cover doesn't rattle around so I am happy, relatively. Thanks.

The 3 indcates that there is 3 of them on the top cover. My retail is $8.56 ea. Not far off from what you had.

Thanks for the confirmation. Dealer showed me MSRP was 8.55 but they threw a couple nickles on top to boot. I despise going to this particular dealer but they are less than a 1/4 mile from my house so convienience wins over customer care quality occaisionally. I was in a few months ago for an airfilter, counter guy says 'nope, none in stock' and walked away from me. Rather than push the issue I traveled to my next closest dealer, about 5 miles, and had the filter in hand that afternoon.

On the twist locks, thats just a crazy price. If all 3 needed to be replaced I would be out 27 bucks plus tax. I noticed the MS 311 sitting on the counter had silver twist locks rather than the black hardened steel like my 362. I wonder if those would have been cheaper?

The price sounds ridiculous, but the paperwork, shipping, handling, etc. costs a lot more than the price of the part itself, which is probably a few cent anyway. the processing cost in reality for an order of a 1500$ saw is almost the same as a part of 1 $. But I know how you feel, if you have to pay it, it does hurt.

The price sounds ridiculous, but the paperwork, shipping, handling, etc. costs a lot more than the price of the part itself, which is probably a few cent anyway. the processing cost in reality for an order of a 1500$ saw is almost the same as a part of 1 $. But I know how you feel, if you have to pay it, it does hurt.
Off topic You guys have to pay $1500 US dollars for a 362 ? :eek: I have a brand new MS362 for sale on craigs list right now for $600

Not sure of the relevance of them being hardened steel - they hold on a thin piece of plastic.....

Latest posts

Back