Stihl ms 650?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longbowch

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What can you tell me about this saw and what would be a good price for one in good shape? I know they
were kind of a flop, but what else can you tell me. I found one on cl, just wondering if they're worth it.

So they're a good saw, just not quite as good as the MS660 but they can become a 660. I think they should sell for a fair amount less. One just sold on eBay that I had bid on. Don't remember what it went for but more than I would pay. If it's in good condition, $500 would be a decent price.

I bet with a DP muffler cover you could eek the same power out of a 650 as a stock 660. Stock the 650 is 6.4 HP, the 660 is 7.0 HP.

I have a dual port on my 650...it pulls a 36" skip pretty good. I also opened the existing hole and cut the inside baffle open a little.

I paid fool price for a 6fiddy at a dealer ~5 years ago. It was $100 cheaper than the 660 and I was scraping the barrel at that.
Like 'big T double' I put a dual-port muffler on it with a few extra holes inside. It's definitely stout and the rumble it makes is impressive.

It's my biggest saw and the first I'd let go, but certainly not for the paltry sum of $500.

6fiddy.jpg

6fiddy1.jpg

Back