Stihl Ms 660 Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next saw on the bench. A verge find ms 660 missing parts and covered in mag rot.

Thought I’d start a thread for anyone who’s interested.

View attachment 1135542
I'm interested, I love the 1122s. There is always a Time x $ calculation though. It will be good to see what can be done with mag rot

I'm interested, I love the 1122s. There is always a Time x $ calculation though. It will be good to see what can be done with mag rot
Yeah agreed! I expect to be able to do the whole
rebuild with oem parts for about $200 - $250.

Margot damage will likely just be left if it doesn’t affect function. I’ll probably use something to neutralise it after cleaning. Bicarb soda? This will be a case of repair for as cheap as I can and save / use what I have and not be concerned about using and abusing it.

This will be a repair rather than a resto.

Yeah quite right mate, I’ll see if rogue has some decent cases I can buy first, if not I’ll use some jb weld or jb putty and make them.
The case is definitely getting weaker with that much mag rot. I try to save most of the 1122 parts that can be fixed or used.

Acid dip and fine aluminum dust in your JB will also work well but takes time.

The case is definitely getting weaker with that much mag rot. I try to save most of the 1122 parts that can be fixed or used.

Acid dip and fine aluminum dust in your JB will also work well but takes time.
Yeah agreed with yourself and trains it can be saved, it’s just a time vs cost factor.

Latest posts

Back