Stihl MS180C fix-it fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swright99

Reaction score
My Stihl MS180C was starting to leak bar oil from below the saw and my bar/chain was not getting proper lubrication, evidenced by smoking bar/chain when cutting on my last outing. I noticed I was also getting air bubbles out the bar oiler port. I pulled it apart and replaced the rubber pipe between the tank and the pump. I pulled the flywheel and removed the oil tank to make it easier to seat the tubing properly. All went well, thanks to this site and all the how-to's. When assembling, I checked the recoil starter rope and it was badly frayed where it attaches to the pulley, so I went about changing it. Unfortunately, it shot out of place and went everywhere. A lot of fun getting it back in there, but was finally able to coax it back into place and replace the rope. Reassembled everything, started it up and oiler is working perfectly. Just wanted to thank all the folks that contribute to this site, I found a lot of help and it was much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back