Stihl ms230c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knobby57

Knobby57

Peeing outdoors
So I had my lil 230 out yesterday for a few hours of cutting up little stuff. About half way through the day I realized how could this happen!!!! This saw is stock!!! So as soon as I got home I popped off the muffler and mached it to the cylender , opened up the exaust just a bit and pulled the screen out. Wow what a difference . Took it out this morning and it's like another saw. I can't believe I let it stock this long !!

Knobby57

Knobby57

Peeing outdoors
The screen was pretty clean . I've had it for a few years but hardly gets used . I only went about 2mm wider when drilling the outlet . It's is without a doubt the most gains I have seen from a muffler mod . Really had to fatten up the the high side a lot and the low just a bit . After I got the carb set correctly I checked with the tac 13,700 a bit high for a crap saw . Tried to throw some more high side adjustment but it runs like crap so 13,700 rpm it is . It's a little screamer of a saw . If I would have down this a couple years ago I never would have got a 200 rear handle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

procarbine2k1

procarbine2k1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Those 210/230/250's are awesome saws, I love my 210. It was a $100 trade in that needed some carb work, but saw still looked new. Pretty easy on fuel too.

jeff taswelder

jeff taswelder

ArboristSite Operative
:) Just read this post and ran out to shed to my ms 023, ripped of muffler and gutted it .:D
Then started it up and went to tune it when wife ran up and :buttkick:.TO LATE TO DO THAT:cry:
Looks like i will have to do tune up tomorrow arvo:(:(

Latest posts