Stihl MS231 throttle rod set up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM76

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got hold of a little MS231 the other day - I need to reinstall the throttle rod onto the carb, but cannot see how it engages the carb linkage or trigger assembly properly. I am new to these machines, so need someone with a bit of experience! A photo would be great as I have nothing to compare it with.

Chris

I am taking a picture of my 231 later. Be patient. ;)
thanks, just a saw that I am fixing and probs selling? are they any good as a saw (just for my own personal info) they feel nicely weighted, but have never ran one. Maybe a tad heavy for the size? Cannot find any info on this forum about them...

Here is it apart from the saw.

View attachment 558699
But how does that link into that carb? I am assuming it goes through what looks to be a guide on the carb plastic adapter and then the rod twists and rotates the throttle lever? Its the strangest linkage I have seen. But in all honesty it felt one of the smoothest through the trigger when assembled.

yep, got it all now. all sorted. thanks

That's a good thing because I cannot get a decent picture with the camera I own and the iPhone. And I am not going to spend money to buy a camera to snap pictures of chainsaws. :laugh:

Personally I really like my MS231. I bought it because I needed a lighter/smaller saw and could not justify the price of an MS241C-M. It's expensive as far as clamshell saws go but even in that segment if you want quality, you need to pay good money: similar Echo's and Shindaiwa's cost the same if not more.

That's a good thing because I cannot get a decent picture with the camera I own and the iPhone. And I am not going to spend money to buy a camera to snap pictures of chainsaws. :laugh:
Here is what I use, you can get them super cheap on E-Bay, and the pic quality is high. I use these for my E-Bay
work as well.
nikon 001.JPG

Back