Stihl MS250 - any way to ID the carb with the Serial?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amin_1992

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I didn't realize these Stihls have so many different carbs for the same model! My current doc is showing 17 different versions of the carb for an MS250C...

Do any of you guys know, is it possible to get a carb ID with just the serial number? I've got mine here. Would really appreciate the help!

Just wanted to post an update. I called my dealer and they weren't sure which carb mine took, even with the serial number...

They said they thought it looked like it would take C1Q-S92E carb. I pulled mine off and it says S92 620A, which I can't seem to find anywhere online when googling. It also has on the screw adjustment side C1Q in the middle, and then 157 under that in the corner... again, not finding that anywhere and it looks to be a different number than what is printed on the S92E.

Are these interchangable?

Yes normally. The letter after the 92 is just a revision information, which is often not documented. It is highly possible, that your carburetor is an older version which is superseded to an other version today. Can't tell you which one the current one is, because I don`t have any documentation right now on hand.

Thank you both for the response. I am picking it up whenever it comes in, sometime this week, but I'm hopeful it'll be correct

Latest posts

Back