Stihl MS250 w/pulled bar studs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ms250 bar studs are the weakest link on that saw, otherwise she is a work horse.

A couple on the bay right now for $30~$40. I think the oversized replacement studs can run around 10 bux apiece themselves. 1123-020-3033 is the flip cap tank version. 3003 is the screw cap version. 3034 is an ez-start version that has different coil mountings.

Rebuilding one of these saws is a one hour job if you've done a couple. Quite an elegant design in it's simplicity, actually. You'd spend more time trying to fix the studs than just replacing the housing. Ask me how I know...

Holy **** i didnt know the ms250 parts saws were going that cheap on ebay, you could almost make a living buying them fixing them and flipping them. Thanks. There might be a shortage of 250s on ebay after this ... Sorry fellers

Also watch the area where the oil pump hole is for a possible cut through from the clutch drum. It will lose prime and never pump. For some reason the drum only seems to cut through the plastic case in the exact spot to fool it from pumping.I
I've never had a problem stud but several drum cut through issues.
2stroker

Are you anywhere Ashville? I know a guy that might have some old stuff, and he's very reasonable.

No, about three hours away. Bet Fed Ex runs between us! Hook me up.

Do one of you know what color the Farmer Tech replacement is? It's so cheap I'm about half afraid to go there...

Latest posts

Back