Stihl MS260 Filling Jug With Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're gonna run a few tanks through it to be sure all the little issues are cured. Then it goes under the knife. :msp_sneaky:

Sounds good bro. I'd like the eavestrough to blow off the neighbors house when I start it, if possible.

TIA.:blob2:

I am actualy having the same problem with a old 044 I have... Be curious to see if swapping carbs fixes it. I rebuilt my carb and was getting ready to check out the tank vent when I saw this thread...

Sounds good bro. I'd like the eavestrough to blow off the neighbors house when I start it, if possible.

TIA.:blob2:

I had to look up that Canuckistanian work right there. Around here we call em gutters.

I'm going to hook up the wipple supercharger now. :D

only 2 way for fuel to fill the crank case. 1- by passing the inlet needle ( debris, improper assembly, improper setting of inlet lever etc.) 2. fuel pump diaphram leaking allowing fuel to fill the crancase through the impulse line.

oh yeah #3 pulling spark plug out and dumping fuel down the hole.....lmao

I had to look up that Canuckistanian work right there. Around here we call em gutters.

I'm going to hook up the wipple supercharger now. :D

I think somebody from Tennessee just told me I talk funny.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

only 2 way for fuel to fill the crank case. 1- by passing the inlet needle ( debris, improper assembly, improper setting of inlet lever etc.) 2. fuel pump diaphram leaking allowing fuel to fill the crancase through the impulse line.

oh yeah #3 pulling spark plug out and dumping fuel down the hole.....lmao

Does IMAO mean what I think it means? :msp_ohmy:

And I thought at first a friend was screwing with me so the fuel down the hole thing is plausable.

The diaphram leaking through the impulse line is a good sugestion. That would account for no fuel leak when I pulled the carb back from the jug about a 1/4". I will check tomorow.

But...How does the fuel get on top of the piston???

I am actualy having the same problem with a old 044 I have... Be curious to see if swapping carbs fixes it. I rebuilt my carb and was getting ready to check out the tank vent when I saw this thread...

Stihlcrazi posted a thought that I missed yesterday, the diaphram to the impulse line. Also the pressure popoff test has good promise. I just have not had time to do it yet.

The more I type the more that impulse line sinks in...

I found the failure and it is fixed.

:blob2:

I found the cause. The film sheet on the metering side if the carb was sucked in and had a tiny crease in it. The cause was wood fibers packed into the passages that I can only assume were sucked in through the crease. Nothing was in the screan filter.

I think everytime any of us looked at the carb no one recognized the crease or the wood fiber. I removed almost a tic-tac sized amount of wood fiber. The film sheet had been sucked deeply into the largest cavity.

I do not like mysteries, and am glad to actually find a real problem. Thanks to everyone for the help and information.

No offense Parrishturf but I don't think you know the pump side from the metering side of a carburetor. The metering side does not have a screen or film sheet. That's the pump side. No wonder you could not fix it.

No offense Parrishturf but I don't think you know the pump side from the metering side of a carburetor. The metering side does not have a screen or film sheet. That's the pump side. No wonder you could not fix it.

I bow my head in shame before your greatness.
Your all seeing and all knowing mind is beyound my feable grasp.
Within your presence the rays of illumination go forth before you.
I shall retire now from this life.
And live no more...

Back