Stihl MS260 Pro buying used for $190 USD thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As MN guy said used market here is high. $300 for a clean ms260 a month ago.
Right Now CL is $260 -340 on 026/260 in the upper mid west

Personally, That much wood. I prefer a bigger cc Saw. UNLESS ITS 10-16" fir n pine. Then have at it, run a 16" maybe 18"

I picked up a clean 026 PRO here in South East MO for $175 two weeks ago. They were firm on the price. Had a 20" bar and pulls it well. I was pleased.

I picked up a clean 026 PRO here in South East MO for $175 two weeks ago. They were firm on the price. Had a 20" bar and pulls it well. I was pleased.

Ms460 mag. Legit? (Frogfarmer has two) Found a used 460 28". At $600?

Two more CL ms 260 pro showed up today one at $245. One $365. Second appeared in better shape but still really high

Nice score on the 026 Pro. Seems the only ones I find, whether AV or Pro, are a heap more money than that. I wouldn't even have haggled nor checked up on that $175 asking price sporting a 20".

Nice score on the 026 Pro. Seems the only ones I find, whether AV or Pro, are a heap more money than that. I wouldn't even have haggled nor checked up on that $175 asking price sporting a 20".

It was a good deal. They had an 028 sitting right beside it for $240. I didn't even pull the cord to check compression on that one. I have done well picking up good runners. I picked up a standard 026 and a PRO for $300 a couple years ago. Both in good shape and good runners. My 028 super is mint and was $175. The 034 I picked up for $200. The 036 Pros were $200 and $300 but one needed a piston. The 038 super was $300. The MS460s were $400 a piece.

It was a good deal. They had an 028 sitting right beside it for $240. I didn't even pull the cord to check compression on that one. I have done well picking up good runners. I picked up a standard 026 and a PRO for $300 a couple years ago. Both in good shape and good runners. My 028 super is mint and was $175. The 034 I picked up for $200. The 036 Pros were $200 and $300 but one needed a piston. The 038 super was $300. The MS460s were $400 a piece.
Seems like every model mentioned garners at least another $100 plus, around here. I guess based on geographics/cold/wood burning of the Midwest to the southeast, simply more used saws available there helping dictate better prices.

I have posted many times here about the 026 I found in a consignment shop for $45. After the shop took their 40% the owner got $27. Still have it and it ranks right up there with my $35 MS200T as one of my better buys.

I have posted many times here about the 026 I found in a consignment shop for $45. After the shop took their 40% the owner got $27. Still have it and it ranks right up there with my $35 MS200T as one of my better buys.
Wow, that is a sick price. They had no idea what they had on their shelf!

Wow, that is a sick price. They had no idea what they had on their shelf!

My choice of the 026 or some sort of Mini Mac variant for the same price. I asked the sales lady what was wrong with it, she said the rope would only come out a foot. Put it on the floor and pulled the rope a the way out and told her I would take it.

Weakling...

024/026 series are among the better models hard to find here in Aussie after a 2 year search I never found one worth owning so ended up with a mint 038 magnum II bigger than I needed but got it anyhow and a cheap beat up ms250 to have something 026 sized
Don't know if anyone here owns one but hedge trimmer and brushcutter attachments were produced to fit them by stihl

Latest posts

Back