Stihl MS261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Have an old 260 Pro & love it for a light limbing saw when brush is on the ground & an all around sm. ground saw. I'm thinking of purchasing a new 261 C-M w/ 18" .325 bar. What do you all think of the 261s, same good saw as the 260 for it's intended size / use?

Absolutely. I have a 261-c and love it. I have a 16" bar, .325 along side of my older 260 pro and grab it more often. I thought the 260 couldn't get better.!

The 261 is great saw, and will have more power than a 260, but it will also be a little heavier.

Even though it has lots of power, there are better choices in the 50cc class, IMO...especially for a limbing saw. The 261 handles and feels more like a 60cc saw to me.

What's wrong with the 260 you have already?

What are some better 50cc class saws? We're keeping the 260 Pro we have - it's a bad*ss little saw! That's why I'm looking to purchase another similar saw. My guys love it for sm. / med. removals & it's a great ground saw when limbing, especially at the end of a long hot day when you're fatigued, it's safer than running our 361 or 362...

Back