Stihl ms290 and 660 price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovetheoutdoors

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hello fellas i have found a ms 290 and a 660 locally for sale. Iwas wondering what you guys think both of these saws are worth....the guy said the 290 is in good shape and the 660 is in fair shape with nothing broken just a little dirty. any info on these 2 sawswill help me he gave me a resonable price if i would buy both. I would like to know what you guys think.:greenchainsaw:

Those are both common saws, and thus the price range you'll expect from each of those is quite wide. Good shape and fair shape are a bit vague. Alot will come down to the little things-what kind of bar does each have, does the 660 have a full wrap or larger dogs? Got any pics?

With what you've told us, I can only guess that a 290 that is in "good" shape will bring $150-$300, and a "fair" 660 could see $300-$600.

Jeff

I talked to the fella on the phone i havent seen the saws myself....he said the 290 was in real good shape and the 660 was in fair shape both have 20' bars with new chains. the 660 has new double felling spikes. he said the 660 has been used around 200 hours at the most.....i dont know how you could actually say that and be close but without seeing it i cant say.:monkey:

Back