Stihl MS391 or Echo or another 60cc saw? (went with 562XP)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I don't have much around here as far as local dealers. Can you folks recommend a good place to purchase online?

Important to have a dealer nearby for service . Something that should always be considered and of course you need to know if it's a good dealer .

There is a service/dealer in the nearest city, but they don't have a 562 in Stock. I figured it would be less expensive to online order and not pay tax, etc...

Important to have a dealer nearby for service . Something that should always be considered and of course you need to know if it's a good dealer .
I always find this comment highly critical! If you are a firewooder and buy a brand new saw chances are very high that you will not need a dealer in at least a decade. Who knows if your "good dealer" is still existant then, or you still live in the same place, etc.! I find buying a quality product is much more important.

Boy, that wasn't hard. Guy comes around asking about a 391, and next thing you know he's buying a 562xpg. There's a couple of dealers who are members here. I'd recommend working with one of them.

I'd also recommend skipping the 562, and buying a Dolmar 6100 and 421 for only a few dollars more, but that's a personal choice. If you do in fact want the "benchmark saw" in that size, the 562 is it. That is for the performance and weight benchmark, not necessarily simplicity or longevity.

I always find this comment highly critical! If you are a firewooder and buy a brand new saw chances are very high that you will not need a dealer in at least a decade. Who knows if your "good dealer" is still existant then, or you still live in the same place, etc.! I find buying a quality product is much more important.

I find that if you hang around this forum site long enough, your need for a servicing dealer just goes away on its own. However, your need for a bigger workbench and tool chest increases proportionally!!!:D:D

Well regardless of your repair skills a good dealer is always something to consider just in case you need warranty work done and I don't think many DIYers have the ability to re-flash the saw if needed .
Just my thoughts..........

I agree.

Yes you can, - as it is a 79cc saw with a 64cc engine - it isn't a true 60cc saw. There is a major weight and handling penalty involved.
But it is a very reliable and tough saw. It can also be found a lot cheaper then some of the lighter more frail saws.

Nobody has disputed that - but it doesn't fit in the 60cc class, as it is an 80cc saw with a smaller engine.
I agree. I would never be able to leave it alone. I would have to throw the 7900 top end on it. Time for me to go get some timber therapy.

Latest posts

Back