Stihl MS391 or Echo or another 60cc saw? (went with 562XP)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite, it has the weight of a 70cc saw. Steve

More like an 80cc one, according to @166 and some independent weight testings - but there have been numbers "all over the place" from a slightly heavy 70cc to an 80cc. From my own "feelings", an 85cc 6401 is heavier than a 77cc 372xp, but it doesn't feel like a lot of difference. Comparing the 6401 to a 560 (even though that one is an xpg) is a joke though - there is a major difference both in weight and handling.

Nobody has disputed that - but it doesn't fit in the 60cc class, as it is an 80cc saw with a smaller engine.
Is a 64cc but feels much stronger and the extra weight help to cut faster. And is not a smaller engine is a smaller top. The 7900 have this engine on it.
I just got one and is a great saw. Worth every penny.
If I feel the need for extra power I will change the top, but right now I can use 20 and 28 bar and I'm ok with that for now.

Is a 64cc but feels much stronger and the extra weight help to cut faster. And is not a smaller engine is a smaller top. The 7900 have this engine on it.
I just got one and is a great saw. Worth every penny.
If I feel the need for extra power I will change the top, but right now I can use 20 and 28 bar and I'm ok with that for now.

What you write there simply doesn't add up - it isn't the same engine when it has a smaller top.

It is as simple as this; The 7900 was a very fine 80cc saw, The 6400 was/is totally useless as a 60cc saw for general use - but still useful for blocking logs in the back yard, where weight and handling doesn't matter. So is any old and fairly well running saw, btw.

It isn't more complicated than that.

What you write there simply doesn't add up - it isn't the same engine when it has a smaller top.

It is as simple as this; The 7900 was a very fine 80cc saw, The 6400 was/is totally useless as a 60cc saw for general use - but still useful for blocking logs in the back yard, where weight and handling doesn't matter. So is any old and fairly well running saw, btw.

What I really said is that the 6400/6401 is a good saw in its own way - but it is totally irrelevant in a discussion about 60cc saws, as it basically is an 80cc saw..

check this out:

and this to see how good this Makita is compare with MS660 and 6400Dolmar....

Back