• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan3605

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a Stihl MS400
Shipped to 03904
Northeast USA
PayPal,Venmo,etc ready

400 will be a tweaner saw at 67cc, it would have to be considerably cheaper then a 462 for most to consider one.
I think it will be a nice saw to climb with, use a ms362 now and the ms400 is more cc faster revs with less weight

I believe our Canadian members may be able to help you out. Has @Broken seen
Yeah have seen one , heavy boxy unit . Pricy also. I would probably go with a 461 or even 462 for the $ . Have not ran one so can 't confirm the performance hype of the increased acceleration in the cut due to the magnesium piston , time will tell I suppose !

Yeah have seen one , heavy boxy unit . Pricy also. I would probably go with a 461 or even 462 for the $ . Have not ran one so can 't confirm the performance hype of the increased acceleration in the cut due to the magnesium piston , time will tell I suppose !
do you remember what the price tag was?

Are you saying it's different than a 362 body/shell? Based on all the videos it looks like a 362 but that could just be my eyes combined with wishful thinking?

Are you saying it's different than a 362 body/shell? Based on all the videos it looks like a 362 but that could just be my eyes combined with wishful thinking?
Very similar to the 362 seemed a little chunkier , it was @ a Recreational Sports Promotion in Peterbourough this summer . They only had a few along with the 500i . The pricing was unattractive to me for a 70 class saw . It came across as a 550 xp Mk l vs 550 xp Mk II scenerio if that quantifies it for you . Locally here their not stocked , not sure what that means ?

A leaked press release for the MS400 floating around suggests that the price will be $869.

Given the minimal weight difference between the 362 and the 400 and the good vibration numbers (look at UE metrics) I'd say the 400 is an obvious pick over the 362.

Stihl is saying 25" is the max recommended bar though so it's not a 462 in that regard. It fills a good price and power gap in their line.

A leaked press release for the MS400 floating around suggests that the price will be $869.

Given the minimal weight difference between the 362 and the 400 and the good vibration numbers (look at UE metrics) I'd say the 400 is an obvious pick over the 362.

Stihl is saying 25" is the max recommended bar though so it's not a 462 in that regard. It fills a good price and power gap in their line.
Thanks bud!!

Here’s the release. I saved it when I stumbled upon it.

Attachments

• B4047242-3214-40FE-B1F9-FF1EFA71A070.png
    B4047242-3214-40FE-B1F9-FF1EFA71A070.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 133
Back