• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl MS400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A leaked press release for the MS400 floating around suggests that the price will be $869.

Given the minimal weight difference between the 362 and the 400 and the good vibration numbers (look at UE metrics) I'd say the 400 is an obvious pick over the 362.

Stihl is saying 25" is the max recommended bar though so it's not a 462 in that regard. It fills a good price and power gap in their line.
$859 would be about right with the exchange difference !

Pho for the 400 will probably be right at $800 since that priced is with a 20” b&c. $200 more. I think it’s priced pretty decent but we’ll see when it’s actually released.

I think you've said but I need a reminder, Dustin is paying the $160 premium for the 462 over a 572 correct? I ran a 462 last year shortly after release and came away very impressed. Still haven't had the mittens on a 572 in wood.
Stock saws the 462 would be my choice with a 20" bar, over that and the 572 really shines and balances better IMO. Ported they booth pick up but the 572 I feel ends up the stronger saw, but the weight of the 462 makes a 60cc saw irrelevant to me anymore.

Back