• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold STIHL MS440 Good builder OEM cylinder and case, crank and rod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a good builder base for an OEM Stihl MS440 saw.

Included:
1. OEM Stihl MS440 cylinder that is in excellent condition with no scoring or marks, with very low hours
2. OEM Stihl MS440 engine case with no cracks or flaws or broken ears and includes good rubber AV mounts installed - The paint is ugly and flaking off in places, but the magnesium looks good, no corrosion at all. It will repaint well if someone chooses to do so.
3. Stihl OEM crank and rod and bearings in good shape, all installed still in case, Upper needle bearing for wrist pin also pictured
4. Muffler backpiece (not pictured)

Add your good piston and new crank seals (if you want, these seals seem fine though) and you have a built MS440 ready to rip!

Asking price: $225 shipped to Continental USA

Not really interested in trades unless you have some parts for Makita DPC7311 or Dolmar PC7414

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Price Dropped to $200 Shipped to Con. USA.....

I need money for parts.....

I figure the OEM Stihl Cylinder is worth $80-$100 by itself..... am I off on price or is there just not much market right now?

I thought this would get swooped up quick.......

:(

I figure the OEM Stihl Cylinder is worth $80-$100 by itself..... am I off on price or is there just not much market right now?

I thought this would get swooped up quick.......

:(

I've been broken of my inclination to volunteer this sort of thing, but since you asked... yes, your pricing is quite optimistic. Check eBay completed listings and you'll find you're asking more than any recent sale of something similar. This plus the cost of a gas tank, front handle, muffler cover, carb, piston, brake parts, clutch, flywheel, coil, air filter and cover, shroud, etc. would far exceed the value of the finished saw. Maybe sell them separately as parts, rather than together as a "builder?"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-USE...102513?hash=item41a65ec371:g:TwgAAOSwAuNW5L7f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-CHAIN...627731?hash=item3d118f95d3:g:VBwAAOSwDuJWvfNh

Good points.... And thanks, I did ask.

I guess we will see what happens.

There is a possible trade pending now...

Since you asked, I think $125 is fair for what's there. Plus shipping.

For the jug, I would say $60-70, about the same for the case.

Latest posts

Back