STIHL ms462! "Arrived! Initial Impression"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I wished they'd publish numbers on weight, fully loaded.
Or, if some users would. I'm not up to another 10 yrs with my 046, with 25", bar, and I'm not getting any younger.
I guess I'd like to hold a number of saws, going down in weight, until I feel I can handle the weight.
I cut 10-15 cords a yr. Firewood.
Free trees are often huge yard trees, red, or white oaks.
I like wood heat.
N

I guess I wished they'd publish numbers on weight, fully loaded.
Or, if some users would. I'm not up to another 10 yrs with my 046, with 25", bar, and I'm not getting any younger.
I guess I'd like to hold a number of saws, going down in weight, until I feel I can handle the weight.
I cut 10-15 cords a yr. Firewood.
Free trees are often huge yard trees, red, or white oaks.
I like wood heat.
N

http://www.pbase.com/wyk/unofficial_chainsaw_weight_gallery

I'm not sure why folks ask these questions. A fully loaded saw with a long bar is gonna be heavier, and not balance like a limbing or snedding machine. If your jobs requires it, ya simply put the bar on and get to work.

Having said that, here's one of my 044's with an HD filter carrying a 30" Iggesund Forest bar, fully loaded - nearly 23lbs:

157793794.p38YGSrt.044R2.jpg

158005843.HIwpOWgG.vlcsnap2014102718h18m04s218.jpg
Yah , me thinks some of these guys shud go back to the axe , hatchet and 2-man Saw ... probably keep frozen peas in their pockets and reach down deep when they want a snack !DC0D0284-A1C6-4D65-953C-A11A2B01CE50.jpeg by the way where’d ya get the 3/4 wrap ? Me likey !

Yah , me thinks some of these guys shud go back to the axe , hatchet and 2-man Saw ... probably keep frozen peas in their pockets and reach down deep when they want a snack !View attachment 687105 by the way where’d ya get the 3/4 wrap ? Me likey !

I came across a green tree lying across a mountain road last spring, and thought, 'no problem, I got my axe with me'. 30 minutes later, I thought my arms were going to need medical attention as I backed up to find a place to turn around. Axes are good, saws are great. :)

As said above there is a member here that could arrange you the saw. I ordered some parts from him and he was more than ok. A Reliable person. If you really want to have one I 'm sure he will help you

Latest posts

Back