• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS660 NIB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would you choose 660 over 661 ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
im sure most of you here already know who i am....
hopefully, lol tryna act cool
anyway im selling a ms660 PHO USD 1,200
including shipping to your doorstep in the USA
not sure about canuckistan but i believe should be almost the same
pics will be up once i get the saw
i hate to post this thread without pics sorry about that

the 5 votes for 661 have got to be PSP's. i personally do not know one faller/logger who would take a 661 over a 660. not one! and i know alot of fallers.

Why?

Just trying to figure things out before buying, not trying to be a smartass.

Thanks

Why?

Just trying to figure things out before buying, not trying to be a smartass.

Thanks

Why what? My post is just saying the only people I know who like the 661 are on here in the fantasy chainsaw world. In real life the people who use them will take a 660 anyday myself included. It's not that the 661's are turds. They are just not the tried and true 660. A lot of guys have had some major issues with the 661 and when that happens here it's over for that saw. I'm in camp right now and out of 16 fallers and 3 hill crew workers having 3 saws each there isn't one 661 here. In fact, only 4 guys out of those 19 are stihl guys lol. Used to be about 50/50 right up until the 661 came out :D

Why what? My post is just saying the only people I know who like the 661 are on here in the fantasy chainsaw world. In real life the people who use them will take a 660 anyday myself included. It's not that the 661's are turds. They are just not the tried and true 660. A lot of guys have had some major issues with the 661 and when that happens here it's over for that saw. I'm in camp right now and out of 16 fallers and 3 hill crew workers having 3 saws each there isn't one 661 here. In fact, only 4 guys out of those 19 are stihl guys lol. Used to be about 50/50 right up until the 661 came out :D

If they would offer it in a regular carb version, I believe there would be less apprehension, and less desire to buy the other brand.

Robin wood can you get any 281 xp

that model was discontinued sometime ago, i remember my dealer mentioning it slightly torquey than 288
but he always believed in the smaller cc of every model that has a bigger version of it(281,288 - 365,372 - 390,394 - 070,090) to be sligthly torquey
even if the specs show otherwise, not sure if its true or he's dreaming -.-

that model was discontinued sometime ago, i remember my dealer mentioning it slightly torquey than 288
but he always believed in the smaller cc of every model that has a bigger version of it(281,288 - 365,372 - 390,394 - 070,090) to be sligthly torquey
even if the specs show otherwise, not sure if its true or he's dreaming -.-

He's dreaming on the 390/394.

The 394/5 are the torque saws.

Back