Stihl MS660 Raffle...Please Help My Brother

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prayers sent, money on it's way

Litefoot,

A really good thing you are doing, all of us may need help in this world at some time.

I'll try to get the paypal to work now.

I had been away and just caught wind of this cause.

Motobike

Litefoot,

A really good thing you are doing, all of us may need help in this world at some time.

I'll try to get the paypal to work now.

Motobike

Hey! Ditto what the others said. I just read this and had a hard time to find the address. Looks like you leave out the . in the name or use [email protected] for PayPal and under "Gift"...

Cut and Past might not work.

I finally got it to work with [email protected]

Other posters might want to add the Address to help the next guy. This link is long - hard to go back and find the address and being my parents were Polish its a bit corn-fusing to find the address for a guy like me.

Payment is on the way. Don't want the saw. Give it to the next guy.

Ok! A little OT.. I'm new to this site. I was looking for a OWB. Got the best info here. This is a "Fantastic Site" and a "Great Bunch" Thanks!!

Update for September 15

Our total is up to $1812.37. :clap::cheers::clap: These are only the PP donations to date. I haven't been home yet (late night at work)to see if any mailed contributions have arrived, but I'm guessing they'll start arriving any day now.

I've never been a wordsmith, but suffice it say that I'm overwhelmed by all of this. Thank you all from the bottom, top, middle and sides of my heart!

Here are the latest contributors from today. Some of the names here are repeats, so this is not your total tickets...just what's added today. I haven't been home to check e-mail (can't get to Gmail from here), but if there are any pending donations, I'll edit the post when I get home:

supercabs78 5 tickets + donation
zero gravity 1 ticket
BIGBORE577 1 ticket + donation
outdoorlivin247 3 tickets
ironman_gq 2 tickets
joatmon 10 tickets
wigglesworth 1 ticket
Aaron B 1 ticket
Booshcat 3 tickets
stinkbait 2 tickets
B200Driver 2 tickets
KMB donation
valekbrothers 2 tickets + donation
motobike 2 tickets
sdb153 1 ticket
Iska3 2 tickets + donation
lcso10 2 tickets + donation

Oh and thanks for all your kind notes you sent along with the donations. I read every one of them. Keep it up guys. Thank you, thank you!!!

Paypal sent. It's a good thing you are doing & I hope the $ raised helps!

RD

Oh and like Iska said, if by some cosmic mistake I win, just re-raffle the prize & raise more $.

Last edited:
Important Notice: Please Read

Do Not Send Donations via PayPal
(Please view the thread "MS660 Give-Away" for latest instructions on donations)

I received a notice from PayPal that funding raffles violates their Acceptable Use Policy. So please, for any of you desiring to participate in the raffle, send any donation to my regular mailing address.
If you need my address, please send a private message.

The folks are PayPal were very gracious in reminding me of their policy and have given me until 9/19 to comply with their policy.

All donations sent to date are safe and secure and any that might inadvertently be sent the next few days will be received properly, but I must abide by their policy and begin the process of removing the link to PayPal.

I have contacted Darin to see if he will restore Editing priviledges of my original post (explaining the raffle) to remove the PayPal option.

Thanks again to all of you!
Joel

Last edited:
Important Notice: Please Read

Do Not Send Donations via PayPal

I received a notice from PayPal that funding raffles violates their Acceptable Use Policy. So please, for any of you desiring to participate in the raffle, send any donation to my regular mailing address.
If you need my address, please send a private message.

The folks are PayPal were very gracious in reminding me of their policy and have given me until 9/19 to comply with their policy.

All donations sent to date are safe and secure and any that might inadvertently be sent the next few days will be received properly, but I must abide by their policy and begin the process of removing the link to PayPal.

I have contacted Darin to see if he will restore Editing priviledges of my original post (explaining the raffle) to remove the PayPal option.

Thanks again to all of you!
Joel

The stinks. How did they even know?

The stinks. How did they even know?

I wondered if this would happen... If they're not making money, they're going to have a problem with it. Paypal used to be a good thing, since Ebay bought it, it's gone down hill.

I wondered if this would happen... If they're not making money, they're going to have a problem with it. Paypal used to be a good thing, since Ebay bought it, it's gone down hill.

Could you still use PayPal as long as the money was sent as a payment and incurred fees? The fee on $12 would only be $0.65. That's really a pretty small price to pay for the convenience.

Last edited:

I agree, it's a horrendous racket, paranoid and protectionist. EBAY and Paypal should be ashamed of themselves. Ever try to make a comment to the EBAY folks? You get to choose from about a dozen or so namby pamby issues, when what you really want to say is "Good, Lord, the greed is sickening." Sooner or later we're going to get a reasonable alternative and those folks will get everything they've got coming to them.

If you would like to avoid further use of your account since it's already in question, I'd be willing to collect and keep track of funds for you. I didn't have one problem when we did the BIL build. I'm not understanding how they knew what was going on, or why it's even an issue.

I'm not sure how they found out, but there AUP does indicate that gambling activities cannot be funded through them. They consider a raffle a form of gambling. Anyway, they weren't nasty about it. They just requested that I remove the link to them for donations. All funds contributed up to this point are being transferred out without a hitch. So they've been a big help. Moving forward, however, we need to abide with their policy.

I believe to stop using PayPal will significantly affect the amount of money you receive. I guarantee you that if you require that everyone send the money as a payment, they won't saw a word. The fee is only 2.9% + 0.30 per transaction. That's only $0.65 on $12. Send it to my account. I'm not afraid to help out here. I can then send one lump sum to your account, or mail you a check.

So not that this would work now but in the future if we ever do this again on this site ( I am sure we will) we just need to not use the word raffle in any of pay pal payments? Like write "donation for your ill brother" in the subject and message sections insted and we should be good?

So not that this would work now but in the future if we ever do this again on this site ( I am sure we will) we just need to not use the word raffle in any of pay pal payments? Like write "donation for your ill brother" in the subject and message sections insted and we should be good?

There's no need to put anything in there other than your AS username.

I'll be mailing my monies tomorrow. It's looking you might break 2000:clap::clap:

I'm not a fan of Paypal at all, My guess would be they are reading the notes that people are writing with the payments, but that's best for another link.

As long as your getting your money that's in important thing.

If you would like to avoid further use of your account since it's already in question, I'd be willing to collect and keep track of funds for you. I didn't have one problem when we did the BIL build. I'm not understanding how they knew what was going on, or why it's even an issue.

Brad,
Donations are not a probem, but I associated the donations with a raffle...which is a problem. I suppose that PP has a search engine or something that searches the web looking for references to PP that violate their policies. I dunno. But I don't want to stir the pot with these guys.

Brad,
Donations are not a probem, but I associated the donations with a raffle...which is a problem. I suppose that PP has a search engine or something that searches the web looking for references to PP that violate their policies. I dunno. But I don't want to stir the pot with these guys.

Use my account and they'll never know. We just need to follow strict rules that nothing be mentioned about the raffle. The only think you need to enter is your AS username. I don't even see sending the money as a gift being a problem. Many donated as a gift on the BIL build.

Latest posts

Back