Stihl MS660 Raffle...Please Help My Brother

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you should have a lot more.... That was my intent.

If not, let me know, I will dirty things some more..........

The guys here owe something to the group. I have donated free advice and lots of abuse for 8 years, many should cough up some help......

If not, then I will dirty up some more.
But the main thing is to help this guy out, let's go guys!!!!!

Sounds like you should have a lot more.... That was my intent.

If not, let me know, I will dirty things some more..........

The guys here owe something to the group. I have donated free advice and lots of abuse for 8 years, many should cough up some help......

If not, then I will dirty up some more.
But the main thing is to help this guy out, let's go guys!!!!!

Keep it up Fish and I will have to send ya some rep.
Pioneerguy600

My Lord, life is strange. I'm sitting here holding my little rat terrier... she had some sort of event last night... at 16, she's finished and even she knows it. She goes in tomorrow. Don't mean to hijack the thread, I just had to tell somebody.

I have everything I ever wanted, I don't need the man's saw too. I'm in for two tickets. Forgot to post a message with it.

Litefoot, you're a good dude.

Sorry, where is the dirt????
The guy wants to help his brother. He might not have hard cash on hand.
He got an idea of how he could aquire some cash by putting up one of his saws in a raffle. I think it's a noble effort/idea and it's a smart idea because the raffle will likely bring him many times the value of the saw.
I don't think he's the type of man that would have been comfortable asking for donations and I don't think he'd be comfortable taking charity.
Someone that might have been inclined to put in some of their money in hopes of winning the saw may now have read some posts that lead them to believe that actually getting the saw might be frowned upon so they may just choose to skip the whole thing. I think that's what was meant by the "dirt" comment.
Many here would prefer to give a clear donation, but someone could win that saw by scraping together enough for a raffle chance and using that saw he won to put food on his family's table. He shouldn't feel any guilt for that. It's a win-win.
JMHO

Last edited:
After some negative p.m.s, I am done here.

But donate to this cause anyway. A good deed will help you in the long run...

I just paypal'ed for 2 tickets, and if I win the saw, I will resell and send proceeds to litefoot. I have dealt with him before and he is good people, as I am sure his brother is too. God Speed.

+1

If you want to donate, then donate...no need to advertise it.

Litefoot, I'm really sorry to hear about your brother. My aunt in Saskatchewan had a pretty bad stroke 5 years ago...2 years ago she came to SC for a visit with my mom and her other sister after touring Charleston and Savannah.

This might be stating the obvious, but I think I don't think any potential winner would object in the least to paying the shipping costs.

:agree2:
+3

After some negative p.m.s, I am done here.
Not from me.
I think you are right that it would be great if everyone would just donate, but that might not work out best for the OP.

As far as dirty, a health problem like this is crippling. My suggestion for
not worrying much about the "raffle", and everyone donate $5 right now
still stands, as this guy's family needs help now, not in a few weeks.

Tonight is a busy night on AS, and if we all chip in a quick $5 each, can
help this guy out as I am sure his bills are choking him now.

I play around here a lot, but this is a worthy cause, and I am asking the
gang here to step up and do the $5 now, worry about the raffle later.

If you have a problem with that, fine.....

No matter who you all agree with, go ahead and do the $5.........

Everyone here can do that easily, about the cost of a lunch.....

Fish I don't have a problem with your idea, I have a problem with your other comment on people only caring about the saw. I was probably one of the first to send paypal for tickets, he's got the money now weather its for the raffle or not. Anyway no more on this from me. I'm just glad I could help in any way. I donated a saw last year for one of these type of things.

Prayers sent for your Brother and his family.
I'm in.

"Fish" don't sweat it, your hearts in the right place even if your head isn't sometimes.........:clap::clap:

2 tickets + $5 Fish money enroute... I hope he recovers fully and quickly..

I'm not as gallant as some. If I win I will accept the saw but will send him my 066 in trade. He wins in that he isn't out a saw to use. It's a good reliable strong saw. I win in that I get a newer saw for the stable. His family wins in that they get a monetary shot in the arm. :clap::clap:

good luck,
Ian

I'm new here and don't mean to step on anyone's toes but this has gotten a little crazy. The OP wants to help out his brother and it has turned into who is selfish and wants to keep the saw, who wants it to just be a donation, who wants to win the saw and give it back, etc.

Can we please return the thread back to raising money for litefoot's brother and keep your personal stuff personal.

Thank you and again, I apologize if I am out of line here.

Back