• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS660 w/ 28" Bar on CL (Not Mine)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you can see a lot of parts that aren't authentic Stihl, i always look for the sticker/tag on the handle that should tell you the model and CC and date of manuf and other emission stuff, that isn't there. I can the aftermarket "jungle" muffler cover

Dude you must be retired marine, those saws way clean, I don't clean my saws unless they are to be sold, and i haven't made my bed in decades either.....real beauties there. As a purist, my only suggestion is to buy OEM dual port muffler covers to replace the rusty on the 460 especially.

Dude you must be retired marine, those saws way clean, I don't clean my saws unless they are to be sold, and i haven't made my bed in decades either.....real beauties there. As a purist, my only suggestion is to buy OEM dual port muffler covers to replace the rusty on the 460 especially.
Thanks. I want to get this for the 460
s-l200.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BILLET-ALU...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

That looks cool but i think yours might be better with the version that looks like an over/under shotgun coming out the side, 12g might be too much (not for looks but for best performance and noise) but maybe 20 guage. I've seen one but can't find a pic

Lot of Bling in the muffler. Be interesting to see a review with some before after cuts.
I'm still debating on it, it'll probably change color. I'm gonna have a MS660 ported by MMWS, he said this muffler cover would be fine and looks good. But he modifies the stock one, so I might just stick with that and save $60.

I've considered putting one of these saws together. Thing is, I don't care if I make money on it, but I would like to break even. I just want to do it just for the knowledge I feel I'd gain from the construction. If I bought one of the kits and assembled it. It looks like the kit is about 140 plus shipping, what are the odds for me being able to turn around and just sell the thing on here for what I have in it???? Assuming I put it together and don't screw it up of course, which is always a danger when embarking in uncharted waters?

I've considered putting one of these saws together. Thing is, I don't care if I make money on it, but I would like to break even. I just want to do it just for the knowledge I feel I'd gain from the construction. If I bought one of the kits and assembled it. It looks like the kit is about 140 plus shipping, what are the odds for me being able to turn around and just sell the thing on here for what I have in it???? Assuming I put it together and don't screw it up of course, which is always a danger when embarking in uncharted waters?
I'd watch lots of youtube videos on the 660 kit saws and start from there. But those G660's are selling pretty good and the kits come blue now, so peeps can't resell them as a STIHL.

Its sad that people are trying rip folks off like that. Typical though. I've been tinkering with a lot of older saws... I have some of the 82 cc homelite family, and a couple mac 10=10s... but I've never messed with a stihl. I have an ms 362 but I haven't used it enough to even do maintenance on it ... I guess I just prefer tinkering with my old junk ha ha ...

Thats what id did. I didnt sell mine and got a 250 kit. Building a huztl is what got me in to repairing. Most saws are similar just some specific things from one brand to another. Confident now to look at any saw with a good idea what the issue it.

Stihl 025 for sale
Stihl 250 for sale
Stihl 260 for sale
Stihl 441 for sale
Stihl 441c for sale
Stihl 460 for sale
Personal Saws
Stihl 201t
Stihl 260 pro
Stihl 460

Back