Stihl online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the US Stihl Dealers can't sell online or they lose their license. So your either looking at a scam or possibly overseas sales.

I checked with Stihl. Their response:

The site in question is a scam, and is not an official STIHL site. We have reported the site, and are making every effort to curtail its operation, but cannot control it and therefore regrettably cannot facilitate refunds. We advise all individuals scammed by this site to immediately contact their credit company to dispute the charge. For information on STIHL products, and links to authorized STIHL dealers, visit our official website at http://www.stihlusa.com .

Yeah. I reported the site to Stihl a month or so ago, but they thought that I was a victim of a scam. I then explained it further, and they finally got the point. Their legal dept. is always busy, I am sure.
I'm sure it's a game of whack-a-mole. Stihl gets one shut down, another with a very similar URL pops up within days. Google (and others) should have an algorithm that verifies the legitimacy of similar-name sites before allowing them to be results on a search page.

Back