Mobil Racing 2T $13/liter.....in the USA?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I bought a case (or 2) of it when they discontinued it about 15 years ago, and the labels on mine don't look like the label shown there or here....did they start making/selling it again? (I'm still using the stuff, and it seems to work just fine, even though I read in the thread linked above that somebody said Mobil said it only lasts a year or two on the shelf...)

What does this mean?

Mobil 1 Racing 2T is pre-diluted to facilitate mixing when added to fuel.
I saw that, too. It was news to me...it just looks like regular 2T oil to me...since when is it difficult to get 2T oil to mix with gasoline???

Mobil Racing 2T is still made + sold in Europe and Australia, I think. If someone brought a couple pallets over, that could be it.

No clue if it's the same stuff we knew and loved, either. Or if that's even a legit website.

Mobil Racing 2T is still made + sold in Europe and Australia, I think. If someone brought a couple pallets over, that could be it.

No clue if it's the same stuff we knew and loved, either. Or if that's even a legit website.
It looks like a legit website to me. I added 1 bottle to the cart and shipping would be $33.33

It looks like a legit website to me. I added 1 bottle to the cart and shipping would be $33.33
That shipping cost makes me think it's shipping from Europe or Australia. Wonder how shipping changes with more bottles, might still be worth doing if someone ordered enough.

Edit: Checked it myself, shipping via DHL. Definitely coming from overseas.

Bumped it up to 8 bottles, shipping went to $64. $21/liter total, $80+/gal. Echo Red Armor is $68/gal on Amazon.

Nevermind then.

Any idea why it's not sold here?
I suspect it was a case of low demand due to poor marketing and it was too cheap for its quality.
It originally sold for $3.50 a pint and sometimes even cheaper.
Most guys in the bike world never knew about it because Mobil never advertised in the bike magazines. I only knew about because friend turned me on to it.
I believe I was the first guy to mention it on this site more than 20 years ago.

Back