Mobil 1 Racing 2T NO MORE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmore

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Exxon Mobil Corporation has decided to discontinue Mobil 1 Racing 2T...WTF!

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Racing_2T.aspx

In regard to their decision I sent them this comment :

"Your decision to no longer produce/sell Mobil 1 Racing 2T is a bad move. Many people who have found this product to be one of the best will be very disappointed in this decision. What has your company become?...WalMart?
That is what it appears to me...Mobil Oil has become like WalMart. Shame on you."

To send your comments, open this shortcut : http://www.mobil.com/Imports/Contac...nguage=English&Brand=EXXON&Site=www.exxon.com

Last edited:
And this come a week after Baileys web sites says "no more Husky sales on-line". What's RBTREE going to do???;)

Oh well, it will give AS posters something materialto talk about:popcorn:

Read Their Lips

If they replace it with something better I just made a good sized mistake by ordering 3 six packs of quarts.(1.5gallon ea.)

http://www.avlube.com/

Dan,
They're an oil company...read their lips : "Effective on or about August 31, 2007, ExxonMobil will discontinue Mobil 1 Racing 2T. There will not be a replacement for this product." :chainsawguy:

Bailey's stated they can not take Internet orders on certain saws, but they will gladly TAKE orders over the PHONE.
So people will just have to learn to dial a phone again. :rock:

Now I went on a drive the other day to go to new dealers. Well I went to a True Value Hardware Stihl dealer that was listed 15 miles away and got there and it was now a Husky dealer inside of the hardware store, biggest saw on shelf 570.
Then I went to my good Husky dealer that has been family owned and ran for years to get some parts and order some others, :censored: CLOSED SHOP no longer in business.
Then I went down the street to the Stihl dealer I cant stand to see if anything has changed, gave him my wants and they cant find **** still in a puter, just plum awful parts service at this place still, gave up on them and called my GOOD stihl dealer and he said he would order my parts for me over the phone.
Then made a run to my good dolmar dealer, the one that couldn't find the 7900 2007 new filter cover even though I had the part number for them supplied by cutting edge.
The owner I deal with wasn't there, on lunch, but got to talk to the tech:dizzy: . I said this is the part I tried to get so and so to order and I brought it in to show him. I said this is the 7900 07 new updated carb cover. The tech said so its for a Poulan:buttkick: . I said dont you sale 7900's here, you know the one over there on the shelf with the 6400 too. The guy says oh i didn't know the dolmar line, I got my schooling through ECHO. nuff said.

Just had to share my day out checking dealers in the area.

KLOTZ

corporate stewardship

I'm telling you fellas...this is not good corporate stewardship. I believe that a corporation has obligations to the share holders but an obligation to consumers should be paramount. A few years back our elected representatives in Washington DC gave Exxon Mobil Corporation, among others, a huge tax break. Their profits have reportedly been enormous. Today they are paying a 35 cent dividend per share and their stock is up 6%. You can call 1-800-252-1800 to verify this and probably get more info.
I called the corporate office and was transferred to a man in lubrication and he mentioned that what with the general phase out of 2 cycle engines that it may have contributed to their decision. Don't they know that many of these 4 cycle small engines still require a fuel/oil mix. I don't know about you but I have found an excellent oil in Mobil 1 Racing 2T. I started using it just before they switched from MX2T to Racing 2T. Maybe the other major oil companies like Ashland Corp, BPAmoco, ChevronTexaco, ConocoPhillips, Pennzoil or Royal Dutch/Shell will pick up on this and develop a similar synthetic product to fill this void.
As consumers you need to make your voice heard. I urge you to contact Exxon Mobil Corporation and make your concerns known.

"Whats the big deal? Isnt oil just oil?"... NO! :chainsaw:

Going Shopping

I too am going to have to stock up...just enough to hold me over till I can find a good replacement product. Also need to bring back my other Exxon Mobil products and exchange them for petroleum products made by a good producer that may have consumer satisfaction in their corporate play book.

Dan,
They're an oil company...read their lips : "Effective on or about August 31, 2007, ExxonMobil will discontinue Mobil 1 Racing 2T. There will not be a replacement for this product." :chainsawguy:

Skreeeeeeeeeeewwwww it...there is still REDLINE. Only PITA is the lack of retail outlets although I'll put up with that in exchange for NOT having to go to Wmart to get it.

I have no experience with Mobile 2T but if you're looking for a very good 2 stroke oil Silkolene pro2 is a great oil. I've run it in motocross bikes for years, it burns clean and offers top of the line protection. Any motorcycle dealer should be able to get it, if they don't have it it's distributed by Tucker Rocky.

As for Klotz I pray your'e not talking about castor oil. (bean oil to some) Please tell me no one puts that :censored: in their saws!:jawdrop:

Most of all the hotsaw racers I know run the 100% synthetic Klotz in their saws or the 80%-20% mixture Klotz.

http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=22

http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=18

http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=29

Yeah, but that's half again what Mobil 2T runs. I just picked up the last 5 qts at the local O'Reilly's and may go get a couple more at the local AutoZone. I've still got a one I haven't tapped at home.

This really sucks.

Mark

Where is my violin!!!!

WAAAAHHHHH

Might as well step up for a change and switch to Stihl Ultra!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

On a Serious note... this does suck... I know a lot of people that use it in dirt bikes too.

Gary

Back