Mobil1 Racing 2T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poley4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well I finally went to Autozone and bought a quart of Mobil 1 racing 2T oil. I have heard a lot of good stuff about it on this site, so I thought I would give it a try. I put 5 1/2 oz. of oil into 2 gallons of 91 octane gas. When I went to fill my saw a couple of days later, I had to ask myself did I forget to mix in the oil. The gas had very little color to it. I guess I am used to 2 stroke that has more die in it.
Although I haven't burned more than a tank or so in my saw, I really like it so far. Definitely less smoke than any other of the oils that I have used in the past, and where the exhaust exits the muffler on my 488, the other oils always leaves a residue on the side cover and with the Mobil 2T there was definitely less, so it seems to be burning cleaner. The exhaust certainly has a different smell, but it wasn't offensive. I wish it had more die in it though.

It's really red, I don't have a problem seeing it. Maybe get some BP premium, that "clear stuff", might help you. All the "impurities" are "cleaned out", would make that red stick out real well.

Mark

I use the Mobil oil in my KX250 and my saws and it is a very good oil for the price. When I tore down my bike there was very little carbon and little wear.

The red dye is difficult to see in a red plastic can. I dumped a couple gallons in my tractor once because I couldn't remember for sure if I had added oil to that can, and the red color had me fooled. It seems to have a burnt plastic smell at times, but I believe it is good oil. I've been using it for 2 years in my 5100, no problems.
Scott

Well I finally went to Autozone and bought a quart of Mobil 1 racing 2T oil. I have heard a lot of good stuff about it on this site, so I thought I would give it a try. I put 5 1/2 oz. of oil into 2 gallons of 91 octane gas. When I went to fill my saw a couple of days later, I had to ask myself did I forget to mix in the oil. The gas had very little color to it. I guess I am used to 2 stroke that has more die in it.
Although I haven't burned more than a tank or so in my saw, I really like it so far. Definitely less smoke than any other of the oils that I have used in the past, and where the exhaust exits the muffler on my 488, the other oils always leaves a residue on the side cover and with the Mobil 2T there was definitely less, so it seems to be burning cleaner. The exhaust certainly has a different smell, but it wasn't offensive. I wish it had more die in it though.

I agree with regard to less smoke. Noticeably less is my experience.

I run it at 32:1 in all my OPE. No problems at all. I occasionally pull a muffler and spark plug just for a peak. They all look clean as a whistle. I like the reduced smoke and smell of the regular dino oil.

I've never tried Mobil 2T...But I have used Motorex 2T extensively in my saws and race bikes..I don't think it's available anymore in the states,but I have two cases of 1 litre bottles left..It left very little residue after about ten hours of riding and six races on the bike...I tore it down for a fresh top end,and everything was still within spec...I used Yamalube 2R before that,and that stuff leaves gunk everywhere..To mention,I seized two engines in a row (that were even running rich) on the Yamalube...So I'll never use it again.

Last edited:
:eek:
The red dye is difficult to see in a red plastic can. I dumped a couple gallons in my tractor once because I couldn't remember for sure if I had added oil to that can, and the red color had me fooled.
Scott

Scott, Thats what I mixed it in, a red plastic can. I never gave it much thought, but thats probably it.

I've never tried Mobil 2T...But I have used Motorex 2T extensively in my saws and race bikes..I don't think it's available anymore in the states,but I have two cases of 1 litre bottles left..It left very little residue after about ten hours of riding and six races on the bike...I tore it down for a fresh top end,and everything was still within spec...I used Yamalube 2R before that,and that stuff leaves gunk everywhere..To mention,I seized two engines in a row (that were even running rich) on the Yamalube...So I'll never use it again.

Maybe KTM dealers sell it. It is the Fill oil for new KTMs.

Latest posts

Back